Thread: upgrading 280GTX graphic card

upgrading 280GTX graphic card

I am currently having a great graphic card i.e. 280GTX. Let me tell you that i don't have any issue's with it but still i was thinking whether to upgrade or not. So if i think of upgrading i needed to know whether there is any existing card that can come under $ 400? If it is there then do let me know. I am a gamer and i have a 24" screen and i prefer gaming on 1680×1050 or 1920×1200 resolution. So suggest me some good quality graphic card that will have a good graphic support and also will be able to run on this resolution.

Re: upgrading 280GTX graphic card

If you are looking under that category then there are various cards available. I would suggest you some card its upon you to go with that or not. One such example is the 2 x Radeon HD 5750 1 GB is that card that will provide you a good gaming experience and that too under good price i.e under $200. Then there is GeForce GTX 470 which gives you an exceptional performance under 1920*1200 resolution. It will come at a price tag under $300. So that can also be another option for you. Next is that Radeon HD 5870 1 GB which comes under $360. Radeon is far much better than the nvidia because it has the multi-card rendering technology which many of the card manufacture's support it.

Looking at the situation i would currently not advice you to get a new one. Especially the launch of the GF11x cards are round the corner and they will be surely coming up with something new. So my advice is to stick with the existing one and upon that if its not giving any issue then why to change it. Also if you change the card then there can be a driver issue which you have to fix. Though its a small issue but its better to avoid such complications.

I had recently upgraded my 280GTX with the gtx470. I thought the price was really very cheap. So i thought of having that product and i sold my gtx280 at a price of $185. After upgrading i really did not have any problem and its working like the previous one did and in fact far much better. Looking at your case i would advice you to wait till the ati launches the ati 98xx cards. So i would recommend you to wait for some time and probably you will get replaced by any heavy discounted graphic card.

hey guys wehre the other card are iff bought new one coz i am low budget gamer so iff you have not sold your old cards do let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by bilal akhter View Post
    hey guys wehre the other card are iff bought new one coz i am low budget gamer so iff you have not sold your old cards do let me know.
    Hey mate, why to go with second if there are many graphics card available at cheap rates. There are some starting with 1500 INR. You can have new one at this cost. Isn't that better ? You can get the complete info from this thread:
    Graphics Cards Price List in India

thanx alot budy 4 reply, i am already using my XFX GTS250(512mb)
    Butwant to upgrade it with either 260 ro 285. So i want guidence.
    thansk in advance.

Hi bilal akhter,

Can you tell us in what budget you want to buy the video card. Normally, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 will be approx. in between 10k to 11k Rs. where else a ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 285 will cost approx. 19000 Rs. Both are Gddr3 graphics card, so I would suggest you to go with the HD 4870 from ATI which is much more faster and has Gddr5 technology and it will also come in less price as compared to both nvidia cards.