Thread: Compare Nvidia NVS 3100M vs. Intel HD Graphics

Compare Nvidia NVS 3100M vs. Intel HD Graphics

I am thinking of buying a Dell laptop or to be more precise Dell E6510 in accordance with FHD 1920 x 1080 with the good screen. I was thinking which video will be better Nvidia NVS 3100M or the Intel HDGraphics. According to the Dell website NVIDIA NVS 3100M is better compared to Intel HDGraphics. But I want to from other is this is true or not. If anyone has any experience related to these things then let me know about that, because it will help me to get better things for me. I will be waiting for your reply. One more thing any related reply will be appreciated.

re: Compare Nvidia NVS 3100M vs. Intel HD Graphics

According to me NVS 3100M is better if you comparing things. This thing is literally repackaged with low clocks and also with the better drivers. This does not mean that Intel HDGraphics is not good. That is good in its phase. If talk about 3D gaming both of them are the best to have, but you must know one thing that you will require better things then this if you want to play modern games. I hope that this will help you to clear out the confusion that you are having. If you want to ask any other thing related to this then let me know without hesitating. I will definitely provide a solution for that.

I do not need the comparison but I am facing some problem with this NVS 3100M in my dell laptop. I am hoping that I will get a relevant solution for my problem. My laptop: Dell Latitude E6410, Intel i5, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA NVS 3100M, Ubuntu 10. After the start I was offered the proprietary NVIDIA drivers to install. If I want to enable the driver to start the download and installation, but with the message "system error: install archives () failed" closed. But something was probably installed. After all, I go to System > Preferences > Screen "comes the question of whether I want to use the driver from the manufacturer. I select yes here, opens a window of "NVIDIA X Server Settings" Then equivalent to "You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run" the reference nvidia xconfig "as root) and restart the X server. The system will boot from a USB flash drive (16 GB Patriot Xporter Rage) with the boot option "nomodeset. None nomodeset "start Ubuntu or not at all black with a screen. Now I am not able to go any further, can you help me solve the problem that I am facing.

See the thing is that Sudo nvidia-xconfig" does not work. If you are using the the boot option "nomodeset" start then it will display one number, and command column is finally displayed "ubuntu @ ubuntu: $" and "nomodeset" away, start the computer and you will see the ASSETUP.EXE with the selection test or install Ubuntu. Then you can start right above the computer. Now you are in testing, because you want to have Ubuntu only on your USB stick and does not want to install to the hard drive I still ended up as above with the same "ubuntu @ ubuntu: $". I know that this is not the solution, but I am trying to provide solution for this thing.