Thread: How much power will 2 ATI HD5770 Crossfire graphic card will consume on a same board ?

How much power will 2 ATI HD5770 Crossfire graphic card will consume on a same board ?

I have got a desktop system and I am looking forward to do a bit of changes in the in my system. Since I am not satisfied with my graphic quality so I am going to add one more on my system board of the same brand. But what actually concern me is the power consumed my the additional graphic card so I am buying Thermaltake 650W PSU , but will the 650 Watts be enough for my 2 graphic cards installed , please tell me , as I am in a bit of confusion.

Re: How much power will 2 ATI HD5770 Crossfire graphic card will consume on a same board ?

Well you said you are planning to install a ATI HD5770 and on the same system board . Yes you can definitely do that to improve your graphic quality , but as far as the power supply and the power consumption is concerned , 650 will be enough for your system to perform well and give a perfect display quality. But you have mentioned it incorrect it cannot be a sli , because a Sli is meant for Nvidia Graphic card and Crossfire means to install two ATI cards altogether.

Re: How much power will 2 ATI HD5770 Crossfire graphic card will consume on a same board ?

This is a tool that is specially made for this purpose only and will give a common idea of the range of constantly accessible power (not peak power) at which you should keep your system. But if you are looking to build a high end gaming system, aggregate Amperage on hand on the +12V rails—and how that capability is dispersed—could be as or more significant than total Watts of power.

So once you have installed the probable power requirements of your system, please ensure that any PSU you buy will offer enough Amps of current on the a range of rails for all of your devices connected to it, and that it will have the proven dependability, repair and support you expect. This will help you not only achieve your goals and satisfy your desires but also keep your system unharmed.

I have got the same model and exact power supply unit you have got , though I to want a Crosswire set up installed , but unlike you I want a crossfire twp 5770 instead of 5870. So I have heard that my system has 1 x native 8-pin and two 6 pinned connectors and one 8 pinned connector .So you fundamentally have three 6-pin connectors but since I want a 5870 , so you will require a 8 pin to 6 pin connector for your 5870.