Thread: ASUS Maximus crackling and popping audio

ASUS Maximus crackling and popping audio

I am using the system with the configuration of the following things:
    Vista Ultimate (32-bit)
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield with Corsair DDR3 1333 (4GB)
    ASUS Maximus Extreme with SoundMAX II HD Audio
    EVGA 512 8800GTS 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express
    Actually up till now everything was ok but recently I getting trouble with the system that it is producing some constant music like crackling and popping while I am trying to listen music. It is happening not only to the music but the same thing is happening to the games too. Actually I have recently updated all the driver and also upgraded windows XP to the windows vista ultimate 32 bit operating system. Please help me in getting the solution for the problem I am facing. Anyhow I'm hoping somebody else has had the similar trouble, and has set it as this is fetching more and more annoying. Thanks for all the anticipated help.

Re: ASUS Maximus crackling and popping audio

It seems that it is the trouble coming from the sound card as it might be possible that you have not updated the driver for the sound card. I would like to tell you to update the entire driver so that I think you will be able to tackle the problem. I think you should to try doing the things which I have suggested to you. I think this will help you to get the solution for the problem you are using.

I think it is not the driver issue as you are getting the crackling and popping sound then I think it s related to the sound device you are using might be not providing you proper sound. So I think you should to follow the points I have suggested you here.
    • First of all you need to go to the sound icon which you can find on the task bar on the desktop.
    • After this you have to do a right click on the icon and then it will provide you a box.
    • And from that box go to the hard ware setting and then see that all the drivers are installed or not.
    • After doing all these things I think you will be able to find the solution.

I am having the similar trouble and was reassured for a second when I hesitate crossways this forum. I am using windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. When I was set up a number of games I find the message "No audio devices are installed." I had previously installed all of the drivers that come up to by means of Maxumus II Formula. I twice checked and there are no noise drivers on the dvd that come by means of the motherboard. I can't discover no matter which of utilize on forums, nor do I observe any drivers intended for supremefx x-fi on Asus' website.

I think the driver you are using is not supporting to the operating system you are using. So I think you need to goggle for the driver which is compatible to operating system. I think it is only the driver issue you are facing to the system you are using. Try checking the sound driver for the board of the system and then you will be able to get the solution. I hope using the new driver which is compatible to your system will solve the issue.