Thread: Heating issue with XFX Radeon HD 5770

Heating issue with XFX Radeon HD 5770

I am having XFX Radeon HD 5770 and the default clock speed is around 850/1200 MHz. If I am keeping this thing at 400/1200 MHz then the temperature is around 50 C -55 C and for the full load it is around 88 C to 94 C. I have heard that at full load it temperature should go to 38 C but am getting exactly opposite that is 83 C and some time it reaches to 90 C. So I need help for cooling down this stuff, the thing is that I want it to be at normal temperature so that I can try to overclock it. One more thing this is my brand new card. It will be if you can provide some more information related to this card. For your information I am using windows 7 operating system.

Re: Heating issue with XFX Radeon HD 5770

As far as I know temperature depends on many things. Or I should say that there are many reasons for rise in temperature. I am also having same graphic card and this thing is keeps cool in winter season. Temperature of graphic card in winter is around 30 C, in summer it reaches up to 45 C. You must check the cable settings in your tower, because there are chances that cables are stopping the airflow. It will be better if you can open your side case and if possible try to put another fan near graphic card. Check for these things and then also you getting problem then you need to provide a detail description related to the problem.

According to XFX brings with its Radeon HD 5770 graphics card on the market, which is technically and practically by the reference model is different visually. Features that should justify a higher price too, are the XFX-5 Star Support and the rare promo card "Fallen Skyelf" for the game Battlefield Forge. The specifications of the XFX Radeon HD 5770 compared to the other latest models of AMD graphics cards. In short there cannot be any problem with your graphic card, but if you having then you must return it and demand a new one as you were saying that you have recently bought this card.

As far as I know two things make gamers sit up immediately with the new cards: The cards have a very attractive price. First Ram only cards with 1 GB participated in the launch, but will later by the Radeon HD 5750 cards with 512 MB also appear, at least. As price is below the button will be able to even exist. And that should be "small" offering all the features, even the larger models to unite the. The HD 5770 is not a pre-warmed dish, but half a freshly cooked gourmet meal. Of course there must be a sticking point as always give. For somewhere there must be so small series against the major products have drawbacks. The Radeon HD 5770 is still so fast that it is interesting for ambitious gamers and the point of heating so much cannot be accepted.