Thread: Syncmaster 206bw blinking on and off

Syncmaster 206bw blinking on and off

Guys, I bought a new Syncmaster 206bw monitor for my computer. As my old one was not working properly. It was working fine for two months and after that I found that the screen got dim. I adjusted that from the brightness settings. After that it started blinking the screen. I tried to connect that to another monitor and it was not showing me the problem there. So I am sure that my system is perfect and the problem is with the monitor. Can you tell me that how can I get out of this problem? Thank you very much for your replies in advance.

Re: Syncmaster 206bw blinking on and off

It can be due to a defective capacitor. There is possibility that the capacitor is completely not working in the circuit board. There is one more chance that it is swelled up and leaking. It may also be discolored. Any of these cases may cause the problems like you told. You should check for all, these and see whether that is solving the problem for you or not.

Have you checked for the driver for the display that is installed in your computer? I am asking this to you because if the driver that you are using is corrupted then it can show such problems. Uninstall the driver and install that again. If that is also not able to solve the issue then you can search for the latest driver from the manufactures site and download the latest one from there. Download and install it from there. This will definitely solve the problem if that is related to the display driver.

It may be due to bad physical connection. You should check whether the video card is seated properly to the slot or not? You should also check for the video cable connection. Make sure that it is tight and check for the power cable. If it is corrupted then it will not provide the proper connection and you may get the problems like that.

It may be the problem with the BIOS or the Operating System Power management. Many of the times, monitor goes to power saving mode and it wakes up immediately. You should check for the BIOS setting. Also check for the system by disabling any of the options for the power management. If that is also not working for you then you can go for updating the monitor driver.

There are many programs that can change the settings for the display. This makes the screen blanks while they are changing the settings. To confirm that, you have to check the display settings and see whether it has changed or not? Go to task manager and if you found any such program running in background then you can end that.