Thread: GeForce 8800 GTS driver failure

GeForce 8800 GTS driver failure

Hi all, using 8800 GTS graphics driver in my Dell computer. Yesterday while I tried to play a video file in VLC it said that the file format is not supported by the machine. I thought that it was for the player software and I simply re-install the player application. But after open the same file in the latest version of VLC. There is another problem occurs in my machine. the screen is freezes for some while and then direct me to stop the application from the process tab. Any information on this problem will be appreciated.

Re: 8800 GTS driver failure

I think this is completely indicates on driver issue, locate the driver from your disk manager and update the driver. I had the similar issue, then after googling about this problem I found in almost everywhere that the solution for this problem is by update the driver. So I also attempt this process and believe me this works fine in my machine now there is no problem with the graphics driver in my machine. So I also suggest you to solve this issue try the process.

The problem might be caused for the player where you tried to play the video file. This might caused of the problem. So I suggest you to repair the VLC player by run the installation file in you machine. After appearing the installation windows select the repair option from the window. This is the easiest and effective way to solve any issue with the video or the audio player in any machine environment. Though you mentioned that the problem is occurred only in that player for that I suggested ‘you this solution.

I had the similar issue, where as any player not able to play in the VLC player. I was using the latest version and this problem mainly occurs by using the .avi format. Whenever I tried to play any.avi file in my machine this directs that the format in not supported by the player version and the give me some code to update that one. I am no idea on this, so that’s why I not able to do any technical solution for this problem. Open of my brother then suggest me to apply the codec file into the player. Because some of the player are might be not able to play any file format. And, by apply the codec that will able to play almost all type of file extension. So I would also like to suggest you to apply the codec file in your player the version you are using. I hope this will surely help you to solve the problem if there is any issue with the player.