Thread: Bad screen resolution with 260.89 driver

Bad screen resolution with 260.89 driver

Configure my Acer computer with NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS graphics card, running under windows 764-bit system architecture. I set the screen resolution at 1440x900, and in this mode I play the game, also still now there is no problem occurred in my machine with this graphics driver and the screen resolution. But now there is a problem occurred with this environment. a game which I played most in this resolution from few days the machine is not allowed me to play the same game in that screen resolution. I have to play the game in 800x600 resolutions. I am not having any such idea about this type of problem. So what should I do? I am not enjoying by playing the game in this resolution. I need to change the resolution but not able to do this. Provide some tricks to fix this issue.

Re: Bad screen resolution with 260.89 driver

This could be the graphics driver issue, though few months ago I had the similar issue, but fix this by a very simple process. This is updating the driver, some of them are not able to go for long time if you use this mainly for the gaming purpose. Either it will crash or it will outdate. I that situation you need to update the version of the driver via internet from the manufacturer web site. So for that need to connect the machine with internet service and then got o the device manager and expand the device or display driver tab. Under that locate the driver name and right click on it and select update option. It will flash all messages with the driver update version information. Click on update button; wait till it downloads the file. Now install the driver with the appropriate options and reboot the machine. Now start the machine and try to play the game in the desire resolution which you are willing. I am sure that you will able to play the game in that resolution.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Try to open the game application in windows safe mode, if there you able to play the game in that resolution to which one you are trying to play, then be sure that there is n issue with the setting. There might be any issue with the graphical interface that you are using. Because if there is problem in the settings then this will also not allowed you to play in the safe mode also. I suggest you to try once by re-install the driver from your machine and I hope this ill definitely helps you to resolve the issue.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I suggest you still if you facing the similar issue in your machine the try with the other one. I am configure my machine Ati radeon graphics card and also using the machine basically or the gaming purpose, still now there is no issue with the graphical performance. It does not mean that the graphics card that you are using is not good. I was also using the similar graphics card that you are using now, but face relevant issue with the video playback and while playing simple low definition game. After made a discussion with a technician I found the information about the ATI driver. This is working fine and I like to suggest you to download and install any version of this graphical interface. Make sure that you are going for the correct one which is compatible with the machine environment and the system architecture. Though you are using 64-bit architecture then only windows 78 64-bit compatible driver will support by your machine.

Though the screen to play the game is depends on the screen size that you are having. If you are having any small size of monitor then this mill not be run the game in the resolution that you mentioned in your post. Also these effects on the clarity of the images. If the quality is bad this will appears as small in the screen. As per my knowledge if you are using the CRT monitors the this will allow to play anything in the resolution of 800 × 600 or 1024 × 768 pixels. This also support the LCD monitors. If you are trying to increase the resolution in your monitor then this depends on the size and capability of the monitor that you are using.