Thread: GTX 280 Freezing in Call of duty Blackops

GTX 280 Freezing in Call of duty Blackops

Hey friends, I presently grasp Call of Duty Black Ops (COD) the next day I have noticed on the way to a trouble by means of my computer freezing at what time beneath a heavy graphics load. I am not 100% certain that it is my video card.In the beginning, the card will reach the temperatures of 80 degrees C at what time playing games, or else going all the way through stability tests .As a result, does anybody have any proposal on the way to troubleshoot my problem? I have the 260.99 drivers installed, plus the operating system is freshly installed. Thank you in advance.

Re: GTX 280 Freezing in Call of duty Blackops

I am also having this problem my GTX 280is also Freezing in Call of Duty Blackops.
    My computer specifications are:
    Processor: Core i7 920
    GTX 280
    RAM :6GB
    Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 case
    Operating system: Windows 7 x64
    Therefore just to review:My PC plays Call of Duty blackops at solid frame rates by means of the whole thing at maximum settings, however ultimately suffer a whole system lock up. During the time of freeze the temperature is 60C for the GPU, as well as mid 40 degrees C's for everything else.I would appreciate any help regarding to this trouble.

Subsequent to reading about, I figure out that this is higher as compare to usual load temperature is the reason for my entire computer to freeze. As a result I downloaded RivaTuner as well as enforced my video card on the way to run through 100% fan speed all the occasion. This condensed the temperature approximately to 67-68 degrees C at what time undergoing a stress test, as well as 59-60C at what time playing COD Blackops. I think that this resolve my trouble for the reason that the stress test was capable of running for a solid 20 minutes previous to I closed it out of monotony. As well as, at the same time during playing Call of Duty blackops I was in any case able on the way to play for 30-40 minutes at maximum settings previous to my system locked up once more.

I run stress tests on almost each further section in the PC, as well as just the video card locks up the system at what time stressed. Moreover, in view of the fact that the temperatures are not wild high i.e., 65C at full load I believe possibly my power supply is moreover inadequate or else just not of extremely good superiority.I observe that the GTX 280 require 17A on the way to function, as well as from posts in other forums I consider that my supply is just offering only 12V rail at 18A to the card. The remaining of my components is listed, if that help as well.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.I have completed a group of experiment in this area recently at the same time as I was having problem by means of Call of Duty Black Ops skipping as well as stuttering audio. It was unintentional that it resolves my extensive delay of freezing.I have study so many threads concerning this problem with the GTX 280 I am convinced it has somewhat to do by means of the Nvidia onboard HD controller.