Thread: GTS 250 HDMI 5.1 audio out is not proper

GTS 250 HDMI 5.1 audio out is not proper

Having a Dell Dimension computer with the windows vista compatibly. Along with that I am using the HDTV as the video output. This was working fine. Basically use the machine for inter surfing and the sometimes for the gaming purpose. Though I use to play almost low definition games. Using a 5.1 home theater for enjoying high definition sound quality. Connect that one with HDMI cable connector, which is having only two channels as output. Facing a peculiar problem with that, which is encountered in last two days ago, while I tried to play a video file on the HDTV, a message is flashed in my screen, “update the sound driver”, by attempting this one, not allowed me to do this operation. What should I do now? Any suggestion on this will be appreciated.

Re: GTS 250 HDMI 5.1 audio out is not proper

If you are not able to update the sound driver in windows normal mode then I suggest you to start the machine in safe mode and then enter into the control panel from there go to device manager either from the control panel or from the device manager. Type device manager in your windows start menu search panel and hit enter. From the device manager windows locate the sound device driver, click on it and select the update option. Now reboot the machine for applying the update files in your machine. Now start the machine in normal mode and connect your home theater and wait till the machine will direct you to connect they device with the machine. After that configure the necessary settings with the device. Try this; you can do the update by this way.

I was also encounter the similar issue in my machine just few months ago, the issue is occurred with the 3.1 channel audio home theater which is attached with my machine. I searched everywhere for the solution but did not found anything, so after a deep search about this problem I found a trick to solve these type of issue. If you are having the sound driver installation disk, then insert this one in to the CD ROM drive and reboot the machine. after that got o the device manager and expand sound driver tab, under that double click on the device name and click on the update option, it will direct you to update option either via internet or from nay other location. Select the device driver from disk and update the earlier version of the driver in to the latest version.

This type of problem might be occurred for the codec file of the player where you are plying the file, I suggest you to download the codec file for the player that you are using to play the audio file. Make sure that the audio file must be compatible with the machine environment and the windows platform. Install and apply with the player. Because one of my had the similar issue, he thought that it was for the connector by that he connect the audio output with machine. And he replace the connector along with he also remove the player that he was using for the payback. But after that he was still facing the issue, it does not give him the positive response on audio. After that he encountered that the problem is not for the machine it is for not applying the codec file in his machine. so I suggest you go through the process. By applying the codec file in the player I think the problem will be solved.