Thread: Nvidia GTX 460 SLI Support for new system

Nvidia GTX 460 SLI Support for new system

Well today I have a doubt about a new system upgrade and this definitely going to increase my cost. I want a vga gpu support based on fermi architecture. I was suggested to go with two GTX 480 or GTX 460 for SLI. Now here I have a 24 wide screen led monitor and I really like to play games at the highest resolution. So here If now if I buy the GTX 480 then I can I use the same with the GTX 280. That is a older choice. But in case of GTX 480 which is better for the Sli support. I prefer not go fro a older version of a graphic card like GTX 460. My choice is the first one only.

Re: Nvidia GTX 460 SLI Support for new system

If you going for a investing on the gpu under a limited budge only then for that GTX460 would be better. It has a very good performance and works best on Sli even with older motherboard. I had seen a good fps output on this card. The other thing about this card is the better cost of the same. But do not go for GTX 470 is you are looking or higher version. It is not good and in that place I will recommend you to use GTX 480. Because this gpu has a quiet less problem and with dual card on the Sli this will give you a much higher support for gaming. For wide screen monitor this is the configuration which I will mostly refer. As recommendation there are other better gpu than 2 GTX 460, but for a mid range system this is the fine.

I had just got a comparison between the HD 5970 and Nvidia GTX 490 1GB on Sli. This card is simple nice and best for overclocking also. You might be not aware but you can increase the frequency of this card to get a better output. But it is not in that comparison, because to make it even more interesting to have compared an SLI GTX 460 to stock frequencies (675 MHz / 1,350 MHz / 3,600 MHz) with a SLI GTX 460 overclocked (850 MHz / 1,700 MHz / 4,100 MHz) where the results speak for themselves. By overclocking you can simply gain more fps. The card work much smoother in that case if a good ventilation support is provided on your system.

I will not say that this card is the best one and it will give you the best performance. But you can have a enhanced performance on the mid range card. It also helps you to improve much better gaming experience. Better decide the choice of a gpu as per your budget. As per what will be fitted on your motherboard and what you want to buy. n this case we have the privilege of analyzing a system composed of two GTX 460 1GB and two 768MB. Note that the rule must be met to have the same amount of memory, otherwise it will not work. The GTX 460 only supports the idea of another similar card which is provided by a other company. There is no doubt that the version of 768MB in SLI will yield lower yield due to limitations in its architecture.

There are certain edition in the card which gives you normal and extreme performance. Like for the first one GTX 460 and other one in the same range is Zotac GTX 460 Extreme Edition. Both of the card comes in 768MB and 1GB version where the 460 GTX features a SLI connector. This simply means that you can use 2-way SLI. I am not sure which other cards supports this specification but there are certain cards which works smoothly on this. In the similar range if you for ATI then you can go for dual-GPU Radeon HD 5970. This is almost a simnilar price of what you pay for GTX.