Thread: How to fix green bar of SLI

How to fix green bar of SLI

Here is what I am facing certain issue in my system. I had installed my second Nvidia 6600GT. There is a green vertical bar goes across the left side of the screen. I am not sure how this is coming. My monitor is fine and there is not issue with that. So there is not a hardware issue. But for the software issue how to fix the same. A other thing which I notice in that is that when I run a game there is green bar. It happens mostly while playing Call of Duty 2. The line is quiet thinner in Battlefield. If saw some of the similar cases on some forums which talk about the drivers update. I does not found the exact solution for the same. I checked the same in hd movies but there is no such issue. Does this game is issue with the resolution of the game. I tried a lower settings but nothing worked out there.

Re: How to fix green bar of SLI

It is definitely a driver issue. I found the same in Battlefield 2. I play a lots of game and suddenly while playing the games the green bar flickers for sometime and things went back to normal. I updated the drivers and the issue was fixed. Right now motherboard is ASUS A8N SLI. But this is rarely in some cases only, which is due to incompatible drivers. The green bar is on the left side of the screen which shows the pixelated screen. This only comes at the launch of the game and there is an option from the sli settings to disable the same. Just change the resolution and check back again. I was using 90.xx which was really very old. After a fresh upgrade the things start working. It is due to invalid resolution where the empty screen gives a green color line.

This is not a big issue. You does not need to worry much about the same. You just need to tick the Display charge balance of graphics processors. That will fix the issue out. For that I have mentioned here the detailed settings. To remove that green line you have to navigate to the display properties. For that right on the desktop and then click on Properties. Then go to Settings and click on Advanced. After that you can choose GeForce 6600 GT. Here you have to choose Multiple GPU SLI. After that do not forget to uncheck the box. Reboot your system and then check back again. Just turn off the balance and then check back. Do not forget to reboot your system to ensure settings to take place properly.

In my system I had just installed my 8800GTS 320MB on SLI. I am not really happy with this. This 2 graphic cards are mounted on a A8N32 Sli Deluxe. They are suitable fitted on my 2 PCI-X 16x and function good. But the setup for the same was really hectic. I installed the latest drivers, 162.15 drivers for my system. After that everything was properly setup and works perfect. The sli is well recognized and enabled. In Everest it shows fine that my both the cards are well managed and there is no major issue. But when I launch my games the green bar does not goes at all. In the end I removed the second card and using the same on only one. There is not big change in the performance.

It is not for sure that if you are running your system on a single gpu then you might not get any difference. You can try run 3d mark. In 3dmark there will not be much gains. In my system I had spended to buy a 9800 and a 8500 card which fitted on the motherboard. Then later on I added a good psu to ensure that there should be a proper support for the card. The green line appear due to the balance settings. If you just remove the tick from the display properties then it works well. Try to get the most recent drivers update for that.

I checked and rechecked the same properties and even tried to to find something in the bios named sli but there was nothing mentioned. I found SLi always buggy on my Windows XP. This is really a driver issue. I found the issue with the widescreen monitor. SLi is set to enabled by default and there are some settings that is not needed actually. I found the game runs well at 55-60 fps and remains stable on that. But at some places the fps goes down and this is a major issue when you play online. For the green bar just do the settings mentoin in the above post. That is not a big deal. I plan to gain more on the fps which let me to enjoy the game a bit more.