Thread: What is the issue with nVidia GeForce GTX 480

What is the issue with nVidia GeForce GTX 480

Just for a testing purpose, I had connected 2 GTX card on my motherboard, for playing a game and also for testing that will this card will support my system or not. So after that only will be proper investment. What I am trying to check here is the two card support with dual monitory. I am not sure about other card and I never check also, because they might cause to upgrade your entire system. For the same I connected all things and there was only a display on single system. Sometime the screen flashed. I disconnected 1 and a single card the system work well. It can also due to the power supply that I am using right now. I had also just for testing used a 500w psu and things work fine. All I want to know is about this card, so I am just hoping that in future also this card will support all games.

Re: What is the issue with nVidia GeForce GTX 480

You does need to worry about the card. This card is awesome and termed as a next generation card. It is designed to give you the most fastest performance on your system. You can assume to have a stunning graphic support. you are aware that Nvidia cards are best in high quality visuals with the power of Direct X 11, Cuda, etc. So all you need is the most appropriate system support for that. It is quiet a recommended card. It is based on the architecture known as code Fermi. This card has extremely new kind of chip which is low on power consumption and high visual display. Direct X 11 support is the most high leap of this card which offers a well and balanced display. You can try out the same on your system and if that work well then there is no need to doubt on the same.

Fermi architecture was something new that Nvidia want to introduce on it card and GTX 480 is the one which posses it. The card has architecture to perform generic calculation on easy way and without putting much strain on the hardware. The GeForce GTX 480 introduces several new techniques to offer high-end NVIDIA starting with a 40nm manufacturing process, the use of GDDR5 video memory type or the inclusion of an audio circuit in the graphics chip. I was using GTX 285 before and recently I had upgraded to this new one. The best thing about the card is that it is two times faster than the GeForce GTX 285. So basically it is the best replacement for the same. I found this card most ideal with Radeon HD 5000 series. Usually there is no need to upgrade if you have any card with a lower or similar configuration.

It is right to say that this card is faster than GTX 285 and also quiet matches with the Radeon HD 5000 series performance. What I look in most of the cars is the dual support. That means SLI. GTX 480 support SLI and works smoother on the same. It is also true to state that every system need a proper fuel to perform the major computing performance. Here I am talking about the power supply. SLI cards consume double the system power and needs a stable power to perform well. This card consist of around er 3 billion transistors. In comparison to the same I too recommend a older version of the card but only for those who does not need a sli support. For the SLi thing it is recommended that you must use the most recent hardware.

If you go in technical specification here I have something to tell. There are around 480 cores, and gpu is clock at 700 MHz. The process of the gpu is clock at 1401 MHz. Talking about the video memory you will get on the card is 1536 MB GDDR5. One thing most of the people are not aware about this is that is supports 2-way and as well as 3-Way SLi. Remember that you cannot use any different graphic card on the same. You must have all the things with similar technical specifications, or else your system will never work or neither boot at all. You can compare the gpu chips with GF100. AMD does not have a card similar to that, but a bite higher version which is not really recommended for the usage.

I found GTX 470 quiet better than GTX 480. The reason is stability. I had tested both the cards and found GTX 470 quiet stabler on the older motherboards. So if you have a high end system then you can use the same, but for a lower system and only for those who plan for a upgrade only. In comparison to that the GeForce GTX 400 do not impress their specifications. AMD has a large advantage in terms of computing power based on the behavior of vector units, less effective. In that cas the Radeon HD 5800 also dominate at the fillrate, texturing etc. GeForce GTX 480 and 470 are limited to the level of RIP to 32 pixels per cycle, despite the presence of 48 and 40 ROPs. The card is not good but not very high end for the most highly texture game which are released recently. It is not easy to determine the perfect model of card for all purpose.