Thread: GTX 470 causing my system to crash frequently

GTX 470 causing my system to crash frequently

After adding up a GTX 470 to my msi motherboard I thought things might work fine, but that does not work well. Everything was set fine with no issues, but suddenly when I reboot and fix the same it gave out blue screen. I tried to enter safe mode a tons of time but there was no help in that case. At last I removed the card and turned on the system on the normal system with vga output. Later on I updated my bios and other things, and for some coming Weeks things went normal. Later on I found again the blue screen crash. I am using Windows 7 right not with the most recent drivers. Still there were lots of issues, but not doing something more contagious which can give again issue in future. I believe this can be the incompatible drivers that does not support the same. I need help for the same if anyone is using similar systems. Does driver update can fix the same.

Re: GTX 470 causing my system to crash frequently

Yes that can be issue with the compatibility with the motherboard. You have to first check properly the specification of the graphic card with the motherboard. You might be aware that the graphic card company releases the driver patch for the same. This updates fixes most of the issue that are causing blue screen. You have to first check for the same that what version of driver you are using and what is quiet recommended for your system. Try using GPU-Z. This software provides you information on the graphic card that tells you the full configuration of the graphic card you are using. You can hen as per the configuration first check the system compatibility. It is also possible to downgrade the drivers as there is a option provided called rollback drivers. But this does not work most of the time. Try the same once and then check back.

Best thing is that you can try GPU-Z for checking the update for the same. There is a new version of the same which is provided to check the better compatibility with the new graphic cars. he new version of this free utility for Windows announced, support for the GeForce 9800 GX2, the best detection SLI under Windows Vista and the automatic refresh of incorporation of cores and clocks. Basically you also get a driver cd which includes the control center software to configure the graphic card settings. You had not mentioned your motherboard model which you are using right now. Mention the same and then I twill try to figure out the most appropriate drivers that you can try on your system.

It is a hardware problem. You are aware that mostly blue screen are cause of a faulty ram or a bad hardware. There is a diagnostic software found in most of the branded system. If you have the same then you just need to F9 at the time of reboot. Or else you can try some other testing software which test your hardware stability. In my case there was a similar issue. What I did is added a new motherboard and everything else was old. My graphic card, ram and other hardware. Then suddenly after a reboot I saw everything set ok in the bios. But the system just could not just reach the windows menu and blue screen. The blue screen tells you about a error message on the screen. Look for the same and then search for the error. There are tons of troubleshooting tips. In mine the conclusion was incompatible graphic card. To run that I need flash my bios which was very risky.

Upgrade is a crucial choice which you have to see properly when you are going to add a new hardware. In compatibility is a major issue, which you cannot figure out when can occur. I think you need to perform certain voltage fix in your system. Here what happens the gpu draws out a more power from your system other than in a normal system. So you need a good powerful psu. I will recommend you to upgrade your psu to a higher voltage that is around 440w or even more than that. Second important thing is the driver. Do not use anything from internet. Better use a CD for the same. The CD is accompanied with the graphic card and provided by the company. You can run Windows update to check them most recent updates for system stability. Do not use any third party driver for that.

For that try a proper reboot of your system and check properly that the the gpu is attached. Loose connection can create the instability issue. I performed some clean troubleshooting in my system and that help me a lot. I was attaching a ram and my system just simply restart. For the same I found a loose connection of the ram. I had 2 pair of Kingston ram, in which one is old 1GB and other one is new 2GB ram. The system crash after introduction of new 2GB ram support and that was due to high mhz that my motherboard does not support. Later on reading the manual I found that there is a quiet lower standard ram is needed.