Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010

Nvidia GeForce 262.99 crashing continuously

Got my pretty GTX 580 day before yesterday, upgrading from a couple of GTX 275s. Placed it in, setup the drivers; the whole thing is pleased apart from my deprived SoundBlaster X-Fi that has now resolute that it does not exist. GTX 580 is conducting the sound currently, which is a pain. I hope into Metro 2033 to observe my primary sight of DirectX 11 decency. Video alternatives maxed out, 1920x1080, novel game. Get exterior about 5 or so minutes in, after that a black screen, Metro bullets out to a driver failed message, error 4. Attempted some additional games and obtained the similar trouble, both DirectX and OpenGL.
Old 07-12-2010

Re: Nvidia GeForce 262.99 crashing continuously

I also have the similar issue. So as you say I also just figure it might be crap remain over from the old drivers, boot into secure mode, uninstall the drivers, run Driver Sweeper, clean out the whole thing to do with Nvidia from the registry and computer, re-download the fresh drivers and again reinstall. Dribbling I jump into Metro 2033, browsed the inter-webs a bit, establish some fixes for the error 4 problem. At finest it is currently crashing later than half hour rather than 5 minutes. I have gotten a few recommendations as to what to attempt further, alter the 8 and 6 pin PCI-E power to dissimilar cables, eliminate my old SoundBlaster X-Fi card incase that is dragging it down, as well had a recommendation that the card might be out of order.
Old 07-12-2010

Just tell me one thing that System specs, Power supply and the sound card is in the similar PCI lane? Because if it is not then it would not haul it down; any additional sound associated drivers I would immobilize at the extremely smallest amount. I had troubles with Nvidia sound drivers messing with Realtek HD audio drivers. Not certain why but while I immobilized the Nvidia sound drivers my headphones, mic in game and even my sound in games went back to usual.
Old 07-12-2010

I have been utilizing the Zotac GTX 580 for a small number of days without any problems up till now on the fresh or novel drivers. Which was not my primary alternative of manufactures but it is based on availability only alternative. I have game Black Ops and Medal of Honor and a small number of movies lacking problems so far. Upgraded from 2 x GTX 280's and the 580 are extremely similar to my old setup depraved for a solitary card.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,