Thread: Getting horizontal lines on Dell 2500FPW

Getting horizontal lines on Dell 2500FPW

My monitor is giving me horizontal lines whenever i turn the system on. Actually when I on the system my monitor tends to give the lines on itself for few seconds and after that everything goes well. Also it gives me some similar kind of lines when i am working on any program. I mean to say that whenever i am accomplishing any task at that it gives me these lines. I don't know what is wrong with the Dell 2500FPW monitor and why it is giving me this problem. Please help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: Getting horizontal lines on Dell 2500FPW

If you are getting this error then there is something wrong with the VGA cable that is connected with the monitor. It happens that you get such error while the cable is not plugged properly or the cable might have damaged and must giving bad signals. So what you have to do here is that just connect monitor with any other cable. And then just check out the problem occurs again or not. And if the alternate cable works here then just replace the same with the new one.

Well according to me you have to install the proper display driver on your system. It may have happen that the driver must have got corrupted and that is the reason why it is not giving you a proper display or also you can update the drivers. I am sure that installing the proper drivers will help you to get rid of your problem.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that your monitor is not doing well and you have to replace the same. Just try and use any alternate monitor that and see whether it gives you proper display or not if yes then just replace it with your old one and purchase a brand new monitor and also the latest one.

I can help you to solve this problem, What you have to do in this case is just that remove all the necessary able and detach the monitor from the system and keep it idle for some time. Then after a specific interval of time just plug in the monitor and see whether it is giving the same problem or not. If again it is repeating the same problem then you have to contact the Dell customer support and then ask them for help. I am sure that they will cooperate with you and give you the proper solution for the problem that you are facing.