Thread: Display Failure of Latitude D820 LP154WU1 WUXGA

Display Failure of Latitude D820 LP154WU1 WUXGA

The LCD on my Latitude D820 being unsuccessful abruptly. While I plug in an exterior monitor it displays well. The LG Philips LCD displays quickly iridescent Horizontal lines while a screen or application is being releases, and after that goes dark while the screen is at rest. I prearranged a substitute LCD from a vendor with the similar part number and received a Sharp display which was lost two rising ears on the bezel and it had no bracket or ground screw hole for the inverter. The seller said the mounting ears were not needed which was actually right and that the inverter could be laid in position and taped up and it would work well. Well, it did not work well. The novel display showed a part of a picture offset and a few stable horizontal lines, and did not go dark like the unique display. The seller replied that the video cable must be awful, which sounded sensible and I ordered and installed a replacement, with the similar results.

Re: Display Failure of Latitude D820 LP154WU1 WUXGA

I also have a similar issue and therefore, I visited the service counters at Microcenter and top purchase with screen shots of what both LCDs exhibits like on a flash drive and both said it was a motherboard problem and did not wish to trouble looking at the images. I am eager to put back the motherboard, but I would like one very last view from someone who is actually looked at the difference in the two displays. If it is the motherboard, why is the subsequent LCD exhibiting a dissimilar image? Is that only because of the lack of ground for the inverter?

Given that this video chip is one known for being of defective design, I think you will discover the repair shop is accurate. If you perform put back the system board, find the Intel version, not an additional one with Nvidia video. If the system is less than a year out of warranty, Dell extended the warranty to wrap this defective chip.

That is tremendously helpful. The system is fine out of warranty. The machine board is an YY709-48643. What board number should I seem for that has the Intel version which as well maintains the WUXGA LP154WU1 display? I have established a number of system boards scheduled for deal but they don't record video which they have on board. As well would it be possible to send the machine to one of the EBay listed motherboard repairers to contain the video chip distorted to an Intel chip?

My Dell D820 laptop contained a graphics chip or Nvidia video on motherboard or system board. The display botched with quickly blinking horizontal lines. An exterior monitor displayed very well. The fix is a substitute motherboard with Intel integrated video as the Nvidia chip is not fixable or consumable. FF096 is the board you require to seem for. I found one on EBay for INR 6500 with delivery. Dell has detailed disassembly information online in their Support part and if you contain a set of screwdrivers or a computer tool kit and a pair of hours of endurance, you can put back it yourself.

Hi xanix,
    Did you require another heat sink for the FF096 motherboard?
    Or did the original Nvidia heat sink work fine?
    Thanks!