Thread: Windows 7: NVIDIA GeForce display driver stopped working

Windows 7: NVIDIA GeForce display driver stopped working

Having a Dell Inspiron with windows 7 platform, which was working fine till the last day. The issue is happens in two days back, the problem is when I was playing a video file in my machine, first thirty minute it worked fine, but after that it shows a error message, that the NVIDIA GeForce (which is my machine’s graphical interface) is stopped working and the player simply freezes and I need to stop the player from the background. I does not having technical knowledge, so I am here looking for valuable suggestion to stop this issue. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Alexus; 06-12-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Re: Windows 7: NVIDIA GeForce display driver stopped working

One common solution to overcome this type of problem is that, update the graphics driver. I hope that this will definitely help you. As per me knowledge some of the graphics driver are cause this type of issue for the outdated of driver version. So for this you need to update the version or replace the driver with the other one. So to update the driver version go to the device manager, by type the “device manager” in the search commend panel, it will appear the interface, expand the graphics tab, under that locate the graphical driver that you are using. Right click on it and select update option. Reboot the machine after updating and I think by this way you can solve the issue. If the above process does works to solve your issue, then replace with the other version of this manufacturer which is support your machine specification.

I think the driver is simply crashed or not able to work with the video format that you are trying to play in your machine. So as per my opinion I think if this problem occurs then this will be solved by simply re-install the driver in to your machine, if you are having the driver disk which is comes with your machine, or you have to download from the manufacturer web site by provide the machine model number and operating system that you are using. Go to the control panel and from there go to program and feature. I think in the bottom of drop down list you will found the graphics driver which you are using. Locate that one and select for un-install, remove all machine setting with the driver during the un-installation process along with that of it ask to also remove the existing configuration then also do this. After complete process reboot the machine and delete all the temporary and directory files physically from the machine. Now insert the disk, or run the downloaded file and run the installation, you just follow the onscreen instructions and if needed then reconfigure the newly installed driver with your graphical interface.

This problem is occurs for Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR). This featured with windows vista and windows 7 platforms. This is designed for resetting the crashed video file or the machine. It will also happen though if you are using the latest driver in your machine. So for this one suggestion from my side is update the window. Simply locating from start menu and then windows update under from the Manu list. I had the similar issue, and this one fixed by the windows update. As per my opinion in windows vista and 7 platform, if the window is not updated regularly then so many problems will occurred, which are sound like for other issue, people might not be believe me but this true. Almost every application or program those are running in any machine specification regularly will be collaborating with the windows version. As for example, if you are looking for any hardware driver then I hope you know that this should be compatible with the operating system, and it works with the collaboration of it.

“Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered”, this error is also shows in my machine, 7months ago I build up a gaming machine with the specification like 3gb ram along with 320gb hard disk, using ATI RADEON display driver, which was working fine, but this error message is comes suddenly. I can’t understand why this problem occurs. I also did not play any high definition game, so also why this problem occurs. Ok, giving some of the error message information those are might be help me, after flashing the massage the machine simply crashed for few time and close the game which was playing and then I reboot the machine and play the game again, but this time also after playing it flashed the same message, and not able to play the game again till now. Can anyone having any idea on this? Suggest me some tips to solve this issue.