Thread: out of frequency range error on LG E700SH monitor

out of frequency range error on LG E700SH monitor

I have bought a new LG E700SH monitor which I have connected with my Windows 7 computer system. I guess there is nothing wrong with this desktop system as it works without any problem when I was using it with the CRT monitor. As soon as I connected my new monitor which this machine then I got an error message as "out of frequency range" on my monitor and then it got grayed. Can you guys tell me that how can I use this monitor on this machine and when monitor shows such an errors?

Re: out of frequency range error on LG E700SH monitor

I don't know when monitor shows such error but I suggest you to try booting your system in the Safe Mode which might get work for you. You need to reboot your machine and then keep on pressing F8 or F5 key which will show you the Windows Booting Option where you have to select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking. Once you have to entered into Windows Safe Mode then check that your monitor shows the same error or not.

Instead of booting your windows 7 machine in the safe mode, It would be better if you check booting your machine in the VGA mode. As for solving any issues with the monitor, this mode of booting must be used. If your monitor does not works in this mode as well then you must check that you have connected your monitor to the proper port or not.

Problem could be with the video driver installed on your machine. If your windows 7 operating system does not have latest graphic drivers installed on it then it might happen that the a new monitor with an advanced feature does not get support from an older drivers. For dealing with this issue, You have to update the drivers of your windows from the Device Manager. You have to click right click on the My Computer and then go to its properties. Once you have entered into properties, Switch to an advanced tab and select your graphic card and update the drivers for the same.