Thread: Screen freezes due to driver issues of NVIDIA 8800GT

Screen freezes due to driver issues of NVIDIA 8800GT

I have Windows 7 on the system that I ham using at the moment and on that very system I have the graphic Card from NVIDIA. I was using the Windows XP on the previous occasion and had not come with the issue like this. I have the NVIDIA 8800GT and on Windows 7 I have seen that the screen always freezes and that to too often. Can you all please tell me what can be done here? I have tried to search for this issue on the Internet but really cannot find any solution in this respect. I have for the first time has seen this issue and that too on the Windows 7. It is not like that the screen freezes while playing game but I have seen the issue with the normal work as well. Hope that you all will turn up with something really vital.

Re: Screen freezes due to driver issues of NVIDIA 8800GT

Can you there please post me the full specification of the system on which you are trying to play the game and are getting caught with this issue. I think that the specification can really help a bit for me to find out the fault. In addition to this I would like to know what is the Full version of the Windows 7 that you have installed on the system? By full version I mean to say; what is the bit version of the Windows 7 is it 32 bit version or the 64 bit? Please let me know about this and let me see if I can dig out the solution from here. In addition to this please let me know what are the games that you are trying to play on the system? See if you are meeting the requirements here for the Games and please let me know about that soon.

Looking at the things that you have mentioned I think that the issue is because of the drivers that you have on the system and hence would like you to see for this and see if the drivers can help you here in the scenario. Also in addition to this I would also like you to see if you can have the updates for the drivers as an advanced option. On the first try I would like you to install the drivers that you have on the CD and after that just go for installing the updated drivers here. I think that it will be a smart move to make here. Hope that this will be a great move.

Well let me tell you here; that if at all you are having the Windows 7 32 bit version then you will be able to have the drivers for the Graphic Card but if you are using the Windows 7 64 bit then I think that you will have trouble in finding the drivers there and hence I think that you will be required to see for some other solution instead. If you have the Windows 32 bit then you can go to the official site of the NVIDIA and then feed in the details of the Graphic Card and then based on the operating system go for the Drivers. Hope that you will be able to find the perfect match there. Also in addition to that please keep in mind that if you have the Windows 7 64 bit then only you will be able to have this working for you and if you have the higher bit version then these drivers of not any use.

Well please correct me if I am wrong. I think that if the drivers are installed are working with the 32 bit version of the Windows 7 then I think that the same drivers will be able to server for the 64 bit version of the Windows 7. I have heard that the Windows 7 64 bit version has the two sub folders in the program files. One folder handles the things that are related to the 32 bit software and the other folder is dedicated to work or handle the 64 bit software and hence I think that if you have the 64 bit version of the Windows 7 then you will have all that things working for you. Well even if someone says that this drivers is for the 32 bit Windows 7 I would suggest you to download it and then install it and see if that can run on the Windows 7 64 bit platform. Well theoretically it should and I will hope that it runs in your case as well.

Well I would suggest you to make a clean uninstallation of the Windows 7 and the Drivers along with that. As I have the same model of the Graphic Card that you have mentioned here and I have the Windows 7 64 bit version and the things is that I have not came across any issue with this specifications. IN my opinion it will be best if you can have the reinstallation of each and everything that you have here. Also in addition to this please take care that you have all the versions of the Direct X installed in your system as that can also be the reason for bringing up this issue here. Hope that you will be able to have the solution solved by this mere change. Please let me get notified about this.