Thread: Should I update drivers for GeForce GTX 285

Should I update drivers for GeForce GTX 285

I have read an article related to GeForce drivers, they are updated and now available to use for video card. But I have seen that 2xx drivers are not mainly for GTX 4xx series cards, and maybe they will be not compatible for GTX 285. So I want to know that which driver I should use for my graphic card or should I continue with 186.18? And Can Geforce GTX 285 will give good performance with 2xx series drivers than now?Any suggestion will be recommend.Thanks in advance.

Re: Should I update drivers for GeForce GTX 285

I think that you should update the drivers for same, sometimes old drivers not provide you good functionality while running programs. If you are facing any issues with drivers then I will advise you to update it and if you not like it then you can also degrade to the old one again. 186.18 is decent driver but I think it is quite old and could be lag between games, so updating of driver will be good decision for you.

I have found 186.18 drivers all time best with my GTX 285, I have also tried most of the new drivers for this but always I degrade to this. This driver has provided me a good combination of performance and quality with many of older games, which I play. If you can play latest games on this driver and if it works fine then I will recommend you to not update the drivers.

I was also updated driver for my graphic card but it was very bad experience for me. After updating drivers I started to face, down-clocking issues, I thought all this happening because of the faulty installation of driver and then I again installed them but problem is remain same. Then I installed old drivers which I was using, and it is still working fine. I think that it is up to you; you can try new drivers and can again get back to old one. If you are having other query then reply me.