Thread: windows XP: screen goes blank after bios starts

windows XP: screen goes blank after bios starts

I am here to looking for some suggestion which is recently occurred in my Dell Inspiron laptop, running with windows XP pro. The problem is after BIOS starts the screen goes blank. It gives me a error looks like “nv4_mini.sys” file is missing. It sounds the driver issue, and I reinstall the graphics driver and reconfigure that one in my machine. But it does not help me. Also I checked the registry editor but did not locate the file which is comes as the error message. After appearing the windows XP logo the machine simply freezes for some time. And it loads after a long time, what is the actual problem can anyone having any fix for this issue? Any input will helps me very much..

Re: windows XP: screen goes blank after bios starts

As you already discovered and also according to my opinion I don’t think so it is a graphics driver issue. This might be caused for the memory fault. I suggest you to remove the memory stick from the machine and clean it with the eraser and leave this for few while and then reinsert it in to the machine. Reboot the machine and try to start window. If this process does not work then I recommend you to swap the memory stick with the other one if you have in your laptop. Generally maximum machines are designed with two memory sticks. There are so many memory tester applications are available in internet, download and install any one, remember download the application from the manufacturer official site. This will allow you to monitor the memory utilization of your machine, by this you will detect the original cause of the problem that you are facing.

If you are not starting your machine directly from the hard disk drive or operating system then generally a beep sound will appear in the machine. Which indicated that the BIOS is starting. Instantly press on f2 or DEL button from your keyboard, and enter into the BIOS setup window. Check all the desired those are needed to start the machine are checked, as per my opinion this is the main part of system boot up. If all in BIOS are Ok then be sure this is for the videocard problem. Try to reset the card from the slot and along with that suggests you to update the graphics driver in your machine. Remove the card slot and reinsert it into the appropriate place. Also try to reset CMOS through the switch by release the CMOS battery from the machine. I think any of them will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to repair the operating system with BIOS that you have installed in your machine. You can do this by the installation disk, this type of problems sometimes occurred for the BIOS with the operating system. So try to resolve this by the windows repair option. Insert the installation disk on the CD/DVD ROM drive, and start pressing DEL or f2 key from keyboard. It will enter you into the BIOS setting window, before do anything make sure that all the BIOS settings are properly configured with the operating system. Repair the operating system and reset all the BIOS option in your machine. I think by this you can solve the issue. Another, I think if this is not BIOS problem them it might be caused for the CPU cycle. Download and install CCleaner and totally clean the machine with the application. It is free and compatible with all windows version. Clean the machine by log on to the machine in safe mode.