Thread: GPU problem NV4_disp.dll

GPU problem NV4_disp.dll

I have the NVIDIA Graphic Card MSI 470 GTX. Now the main issue with this is that I was using it with the Windows XP but never seen the issue like this. For the very first time I have seen that the Blue Screen of Death has been noticed here on the PC. It first time appeared when I installed the Windows 7 on the same PC. Can you tell me what can be the cause or the issue with the System of mine? I have seen Blue Screen with this error code: 0x0000008E. It says that the system has to shut down so that the damage to the system can be avoided. Well what can be the reason for this? I went for search for this NV4_disp.dll and found that it is somewhat related to the Graphic Card and hence I have mentioned the name of the Graphic Card here.

Re: GPU problem NV4_disp.dll

What you have mentioned here is true and I think that you will be required to install the drivers for the Graphic Card as I can see this as the only situation with the error that you are getting and would suggest you to install the Drivers from the official site and see if that can help you in the situation of yours. Go to the official site of the NVIDIA and I am sure that you will have the perfect match for the drivers there. Please enter the model properly or you will end up with something weird in this matter. Please take care of this or you will see soon some other error. Best of luck.

If you are getting the error randomly and search time you start your system then I think that you will be required to stop this as soon as possible as this 0x0000008E error is very critical in nature and requires immediate attention here. Windows usually shuts down because of the Kernel Error and it happens so that the further damage to the system can be avoided. I think that you will have to start with the very basic steps. At first check for the hardware’s of the system. Please check if they are fitted in the proper slots. Please try to see the connections of the cables that attach the Hard Disk with the Motherboard and other out going connections from the Motherboard as well. As It seems to be that they can be the problematic area.

I think that it will be better if you go and see for the Drivers from the NVIDIA that are compatible with the Windows 7. I have seen that sometimes compatibility issues can also come here in this situation and hence would suggest you to see if there are drivers available for this on the NVIDIA site. While downloading the Drivers please try to check for the BIT version the Windows that you have on the system as I can see that there are two versions of the Windows 7 and for that you will have to be careful with the 32 bit or the 64 bit. Go to the www.nvidia.com and you will have the drivers there. Just install them and see if that can solve the issue. Please notify me if the issue gets solved.

I have usually found that the Blue Screen of Death usually appears because of the issues of the Hard Drive or the RAM or the Motherboard. I have most of the time found that the issues usually emerges because of the Hardware and hence would suggest you to see for that and see if you do not have anything related to the hard ware. If there is any issue because of the harware then I do not think that there can be any software that can help you in here. See for what I have suggested.

If you ask for my opinion then I think that it will be best if at first you can go and run the Memtest on the first occasion and see if there is nothing related to the RAM. After that just open the CPU case and then reinstall the RAM in the Slots again. I would suggest you to do the same in case of the Graphic Card as well. Check for the connections of the SATA cable and then close the Case again. After all this start the system and see if you get the error again. If yet you get the error after some time of RUN then you can go for uninstalling the Graphic Drivers and then reinstalling it again. In addition to that if you want you can get the drivers from the NVIDIA and try that again. I am sure that the issue in your case is not that major one.