Thread: Display Calibration settings keeps on losing

Display Calibration settings keeps on losing

Hello friends, I am having the issue with the Display Calibration. I am having the Laptop of Toshiba with the Windows 7 loaded on to it. I feel that my display colors are little “off” compared to other laptops. I then found that, it is the display calibration. Color calibration is a requirement for all devices taking an active part of a color managed workflow. Now it seems very strange, once i calibrate my display and I get good result. Windows keep resetting the display calibration settings back to its original factory setting every time. I open and close and then reopen the program then also no changes. I then shut down and restart the system then also no changes. I even tried to adjust the display settings from the video card control panel, then also no change, it get reset too. Daily I adjust the "Display Calibration" but the system reset back the settings to factory display settings. Please help, I want to set my own display setting and it should remain the same when I turn on the system.

Re: Display Calibration settings keeps on losing

I will suggest you that uninstall the display drivers and get the latest drivers from the manufacturer web page and then install it back. Since your display settings gets back to the factory settings after every restart. Follow the steps to install the latest drivers:
    • Go at the Start menu of the Windows, go at the search option and in the search window type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
    • Now you will be in the Device Manager Window, in that expand display adapters and choose your display adapters. In that right click on the display card and uninstall it.
    • Click OK. And now download the latest display drivers, install it.
    • After installing the drivers restart the system.

First check the screen resolution, select the highest resolution available unless the text is small. Also verify the monitor is in the high color or at the 24 bit mode. If you are using the windows then you can check this by just right click on the desktop and selecting the graphic properties. Let your monitor or display warm up for at least 30 minutes before beginning the calibration. Set the color Contrast to maximum until and unless the image you selected should have to be bright or harsh. Do set your monitor's temperature color to 6500K, D65, or sRGB, which is very similar to the 6500K. This is preferable for any video card or monitor calibration software setting. Your display adaptor software should also set to 24 or 32 bit color.

Your display gives the factory default settings calibration when you start the system, to stop the display resetting back to its original settings during the start up, try the following the steps: go at the Start Menu on to the windows, in start menu go at the run window and type the msconfig in it, you will now have the display configuration, then in that select the start up and uncheck igfxpers.exe. This will really help you. After performing it restart the system and hopefully you will have the similar settings of the display that you have done before start-up.