Thread: Computer Graphics card Upgrade related suggestion

Computer Graphics card Upgrade related suggestion

Recently I have been trying to run games on my computer and they will not run. I want to upgrade my graphics card to a certain level so that I be able to play call of duty on my computer .So tell me is it time to upgrade and get a new graphics card. Any help on what cards I can get and would be a good choice would be much appreciated. I’m totally clueless on which graphics card I should get. So please help….

Re: Computer Graphics card Upgrade related suggestion

If you assume that your existing video card is performing badly, there are a couple of things that you be supposed to do previous to upgrading your video card. The first thing you will be supposed to do is provide your computer a "tune-up". This occupy things like running Defrag, Scandisk, virus checkers etc. so first do this.

Once you are definite that your computer is performing correctly, and your computer is still experiencing slowdowns in video concentrated programs, like games or graphic design programs, then the thing you may require to do is upgrade your computer's main system memory. Insufficient amounts of system RAM will choke your computer's performance. That is why I recommend all newer computers have at least 512 MB of system RAM.

To buy the fastest video card accessible is really very costly and may not considerably get better your system's performance. The fastest computer graphics cards (NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra as well as the ATI Radeon 9800 XT) sell in the $400-$500 range. It is unreasonable to think about upgrading to these cards unless you already have a very fast computer system. Remember that a slow system is an sign that you might need, or want, a new computer.