Thread: Trouble downloading Dell E228WFP driver

Trouble downloading Dell E228WFP driver

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my computer but the problem is that I am unable to use my Dell E228WFP monitor on this computer. I tried installing the drivers for it but it simply doesn't gets installed. I went to the Dell site to find out the supported drivers and in fact I found the one which I was supposed to but it is not getting installed. There is no error message or anything which indicates why it isn't . Can anyone help me in this matter?

Re: Trouble downloading Dell E228WFP driver

Are you sure the drivers which you have downloaded from Dell site is actually compatible with your Windows 7 system? Is this system 32 bit or 64 bit? Yes this does matter when it comes to driver. Also make sure you have logged in with admin access into the computer. You can not install anything on your computer if you do not have sufficient rights on your computer in which you are working. If required you can also read the README file or user manual which is associated with the driver explaining how to install the drivers.

Even I had faced the similar problem while installing the drivers for my Dell monitor. It seems to be weird that Dell didn't had provided an updated driver for their monitor. I have decided myself to switch to some other monitor next time. I have now given back my monitor and am still using my previous Samsung CRT screen and am quiet happy at least to see the screen. This is just for temporary purpose until I get the new one.

Why don't you consult about this problem with Dell support team? They are the only one who can help you in this matter. They should surely be having the drivers for Dell E228WFP and should be knowing how to install them. They should even be aware about what problems can occur with the drivers and how to fix the issue. If you can't visit their place then you can even contact them on phone and explain them the problem that you are facing and how to solve them.

So the problem seems to be common and I am not the only one who is having this kind of problem. So you think I should consult with Dell about my problem and they will help me in a better way? But I would like to ask if they are aware about such kind of problems then why don't they have this mentioned on their site? Why they don't have something like FAQs on their site describing about the problem?