Thread: Need F1 fuse specs for Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP 24 inch LCD monitor

Need F1 fuse specs for Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP 24 inch LCD monitor

I have been running Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP monitor from a long time on my computer and recently my system went out of warranty. Coming to the point, I have recently noticed some uncommon problem from my monitor. It all of a sudden didn't gave me any display. However, I can see the power led glowing on the front of the display. So I thought the problem might be lying somewhere else. To reconfirm about the same I also connected another monitor to computer to ensure if it isn't from my computer and that was certainly not. I could see the Windows screen on the new monitor that was connected. So I thought may be the monitor has become faulty. Since it was out of warranty I, myself, unscrewed it to check out where the fault is and found that there was a tiny fuse (called F1) which was placed on the inverted board that caused the problem. I tried to bypass this and my display came back. However, since I am not a hardware expert I am not happy with the solution and I am thinking of a replacement of this fuse. Again, here, the problem is that I don't have the specifications for that. So how can I go for its replacement. Can anyone help me in this matter?

Re: Need F1 fuse specs for Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP 24 inch LCD monitor

Well the information that you are trying to ask over here is too specific, honestly speaking no one knows what parts are placed on a motherboard or PCB or any other board of a product especially capacitors, fuse etc. So I don't think anyone over here can help you about this problem or provide at least you the details. And the thing that you have tried is not at all recommend. You should not take risks when it comes to computer or its peripherals. This not only voids the warranty, in general although applicable for you, but also it can damage your product completely resulting into dead component which can't even hardware experts can solve.

Why don't you talk about this with Dell Support team; they should provide you the complete details if you have purchased their product legally. They can tell you what the specs of that F1 fuse provided you explain them the reason for getting the information. In fact if they can then they will surely fix this problem for you, but this will surely attract cost incurred to you. But you are 100% sure that you have the best solution and there cannot be any problem with it. Just call up them or send them an email to contact them. You can even directly visit there place to take the decision instantly and get it solved in front of you.

Thanks for your replies my friends. I have already tried contacting Dell team since past one week but they are not replying to my emails. I am not sure whether they have seen my email or whether they don't want or have any reply. I know it is dangerous to fiddle around with your components if you are not so sure about what to do but actually I did that because once I have came across with a similar kind of problem over internet and there I have seen the problem was with F1 fuse. This was the main reason why I went with doing that operation on my own.

Certainly they have the reply. Since they are the owner of the product, they have the complete information about the product and can sort our such simple faults when required for customers who's product is still under warranty. They sometime replace the whole product if it needs some special care, provided the product is still in warranty. They must not have replied to you because this information is private and so it cannot be given to anyone, not even the customer having the problem, for any reason. This information is confidential to Dell. If you have any difficulty with your product then you can visit their place and get it fixed.

If they can't provide the information then they should have at least given me the solution to the problem. Don't you think they should have replied to my mail saying they can't provide the details for confidential purpose but if you want the solution then come to our support center? However, there was nothing like this. And now I am feeling like they are not replying to my email because my product is no more in warranty and so they don't care about my product any more now? Is this true?

They don't reply to such emails where they are being asked about their confidential information. They simply ignore such messages and never get back to the person who sent that email. So it because your responsibility to contact them again, either through emails or directly visiting their support center, and asking about the solution. Sometimes they even don't reply to an email if they finds the person have tweaked their product, like you did and unscrewed the monitor. So according to them you might have done something wrong which they will never look for. If you have not mentioned about that on your email then you have still one chance to get the solution but if you have completely described about your situation then I am sorry to say that you are lost.