Thread: Dell UltraSharp U2410 Pink or Green Tint Failure Analysis

Dell UltraSharp U2410 Pink or Green Tint Failure Analysis

I have problem with my Dell UltraSharp U2410 monitor which is connected to my desktop computer. Now a days I can see Pink or Green tint on this display and this doesn't goes anyhow. I am forced to restart my computer to bring back to normal. I am really frustrated with the monitor and so I am looking for a replacement for the same. Is it really for me to replace the monitor either from Dell or some where else? Or if possible can it be solved ? Do I need to install some utility which can solve this problem?

Re: Dell UltraSharp U2410 Pink or Green Tint Failure Analysis

I think the problem lies with your monitor itself. Did you tried resetting your Dell U2410 monitor to its factory default settings? To do this go to OSD, click on Other Settings, then click on Factory Reset. What happens when you do this? Do you still face the same problem? Also did you saw the same tint problem when you test your monitor through DVI and VGA port?

I have tried resetting the monitor settings to its defaults but nothing solves the problem. I have also connected some other monitor to my desktop computer and it works perfectly ok. I couldn't even adjust the color on the monitor. Someone, here locally, suggested me to adjust the graphics card to see if that helps and I did that but still no go. I have even removed and reinserted the card to make sure the problem is not because of loose connections but it didn't worked either. I then replaced the card with the one my friend had, he has a similar card as of me, but that too gave me the same problem. However he didn't faced such kind of problem on his computer. Now what!

Quiet a common stuff that you can perform before concluding things. First of all make sure there isn't any dust inside your computer which might have caused you in trouble. If this doesn't helps then look for the drivers, go to the website of manufacturer of the card and see if you need to install any drivers. If there is than install it and see if that helps. Also perform scan of your computer for virus infection. There may be some malicious software running on your computer causing you the problem. Also check if the connections are proper like from the monitor to the computer etc.

Tap the Menu button on the monitor. This will bring up the OSD Menu and will take you to the Main Menu. Go to the Color Settings and change the view from Standard to Custom Color. Now in Custom Color, you will find that you can adjust the color representation of the individual level of Red, Green, and Blue. You can set the individual intensity of Red, Green and Blue colors to be optimized for best viewing experience which can thus reduce the Green or Pink Color Gradation. The default value of them is 100,100,100 respectively. If you do not like the changes that you have made then you can anytime reset everything to its defaults by going to Menu - Color Settings - Reset Color Settings. This will bring back color gradation to factory defaults which is 100,100,100.