Thread: My Monitor SP2309W and Microphone isn’t working properly

My Monitor SP2309W and Microphone isn’t working properly

I have bought new PC and along with them they have provided new microphone. Now within a month I am getting problem in both it is not working properly. My microphone is not giving clear sound, imprecise but it is happening at randomly mostly it is at the end. After that to solve this issues I've used Messenger, Skype but it didn’t make any difference to microphone, And at the time when I am speaking with my friends only after some time they use to complain me about my sound that they are not able to hear my voice clearly. Currently I have installed window 7 but it happening o vista also I have checked there also. If you have any suggestion for this trouble then please reply me. I have Dell monitor SP2309W.

Re: My Monitor SP2309W and Microphone isn’t working properly

Hello! Piyush, I have some tips for you which might be helpful for you to solve your microphone problem. First is you should check whether the microphone you are using is plugged into the jacket is the jacket of microphone only, I think you should plug your microphone into pink color jacket. Is the same problem arises with the speaker that you have connected in your PC. If yes then it might be the problem of your sound card driver, for that you have to update your sound card driver. After updating restart your computer and check whether now its working properly or not. Reply me the result of this process.

Hello! Piyush recently I was suffering with the similar problem of microphone. At that time I have suffered a lot for my microphone then I have started felling irritating about my audio cutting out in Skype. Then I have followed the below instruction it has solved my issue I will advise you to follow the same method.
    1. Select the Start Button go to the Control panel.
    2. Then in Control Panel go to Hardware and sound.
    3. There select the option manages audio devices.
    4. There you select recording tab.
    5. Then select your default microphone device.
    6. Further go to properties option.
    7. Then select advanced tab option.
    8. Then choose the sound quality you want.
    9. And last but important step is that you should make sure both options under exclusive mode.

First I will suggest you to update your sound card driver. Or follow the following steps and see whether this will able to fix your trouble.fix the following. Because sometime this happens that your audio is not able to get there driver as in window 7. It automatically takes audio driver you need not to install motherboard driver. So there are more chances it didn’t find the driver properly.
    • Take your cursor of mouse to the bottom of your desktop and right click on the speaker icon.
    • Select the Recording devices from the menu appears.
    • Then Right click opened window and choose the "Show Disabled Devices".
    • You will see two microphones one which has a "true sign" which says that your default setting is given to recording device.
    • Then disable the mic that by selecting "Disable" option.
    • Then the other min will take the default setting.
    Now check the mic by taking with your friend and if your friend is hearing your voice clearly your trouble is solved. Or I will suggest you to go to the shop from where you have brought your microphone, as this will be in warranty period they will repair it.