Thread: Dell U2410 Monitor is not responding with PS3 HDMI input

Dell U2410 Monitor is not responding with PS3 HDMI input

I have got Dell U2410 Monitor from my friend for connecting HDMI to HDMI from my PS3 slim 120GB to monitor but it doesn’t work it just have blank screen. And it says as no HDMI cable connected after altered the source to HDMI, but when I push the button to have the menu on the monitor it only provide me with the alternative to scan sources or select manually. Still not able to work with the monitor in my SP3 slim, so if anybody have solution please provide me the same.

Re: Dell U2410 Monitor is not responding with PS3 HDMI input

I think you are not able to perform configuration perfectly. The PS3 has a auto-detect functionality that identifies which type of connection is being used and that connection will be set as default. Following is Auto-Detect PS3 Connection:
    • First you need to detach any preceding cables you might be using for your PS3 slim.
    • After PS3 is off connected now connect the HDMI cable to your PS3 slim and to the Dell U2410 Monitor.
    • Now hold down the PS3 power switch you will able to hear beep once but you have to keep holding the power for some more seconds till you are not able to hear another beep.
    • And if the connection is proper the PS3 should be now set to the HDMI connection with the monitor.

You can perform the Manual setting for Connecting PS3 HDMI as follow:
    • First you need to connect both the HDMI cables to monitor and PS3.
    • After All done wow turn on the PS3 and from there move to the “Settings” and to “Display Settings” there you have “Video Output Settings” option. There you need to select “HDMI”.
    • After this thing is performed now it’s time to perform similar thing for the audio. For that you need to go to the “Settings” there you have option “Sound Settings” under that you can see “Audio Output Settings” which you need to change it to “HDMI”.

After all the settings now you can enjoy your PS3 games on Dell U2410 Monitor.

I think you are trying to use some different kind of HDMI cable or not the HDMI and DIV i hope.You can also perform this with both the monitor and PS3 kept ON and using the HDMI. Now just switch off the PS3 using the powers switch from back and then switch it on with that same switch
    1. Press the Power Button on which is present on the front side of the PS3 till you hear 3 beeps. Once it starts the screen will display a message like "An HDMI cable has been detected, do you want to set it up?"
    2. After that when you go during the setup for setting HDMI connection you have to ensure the boxes of that video output modes that your monitor supports.
    3. After you go through the primary HDMI setup and the PS3 is showing through the HDMI cable now you need to ON the PS3's key menu. Now go to Settings and then roll down to Display Settings. There in Display Settings you need to place the RGB Full Range (HDMI) kept on full and click on Y and Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super-White (HDMI) to on as well.