Thread: What type of DVI cable for Dell ST2010 HD monitor.

What type of DVI cable for Dell ST2010 HD monitor.

I have ordered a Dell Studio XPS 8100 desktop with a 20” Dell ST2010 HD Monitor for getting the higher resolution on my monitor but I they have supplied me VGA cable. As far my knowledge on this, VGA cables not provide the best resolution as DVI cable provides, I don’t know if it true. But I like to use the DVI cables, I think that DVI better than VGA is it true? Also tell me that which DVI cable I should buy for this monitor. If anyone having knowledge on this then please reply to me. Any suggestions will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

re: What type of DVI cable for Dell ST2010 HD monitor.

In my point of view DVI cable is better that VGA. I have checked my monitor using these two cables and I have conclude that DVI cable is best. DVI gives you brighter quality than VGA, it contrast and sharpness is noticeable than VGA. Quality and the good resolution are the key skill of the monitors and I think that to make it work you should use DVI cable. I am using a high resolution cable for my monitor and I think you should use the same. If you are having other query then reply me.

May be you are thinking that digital should be better, there is no matter which kind of cable you are using, It is possible that the card gives will give nicer analog signal than that of digital that means VGA could be better that DVI. If possible you can observer and compare these both cables quality by connecting them to the two identical ST2010, one to DVI and another to the VGA or I would suggest you that try VGA for several days and then switch to the VGA and notice the differences between these two. I hope this information should add knowledge to your decision and if you are having other query then reply me.

I am having Dell ST2010 HD monitor at my home and for that I am using DVI cables and I must tell you that I am getting a high resolution from it. When I bought this monitor that time vendor provided me VGA cable for the same, but from I have not experienced good resolution and picture quality. Then I concern with the Dell and then choose high resolution DVI cable. I think it is all up to you, which type of cable you want to use on your monitor, you can also get the high resolution VGA cable for the same.

There are three types of DVI cable are available to use with your HD monitor. DVI D used for the digital connections between videos and LCD monitors, this cable provides faster and higher quality image than VGA. Another type of DVI cable is DVI A format that can use for CRT monitors and HDTV with the same quality as the DVI D. The next type of DVI cable is DVI I cable, this cable is capable to transmit digital to-digital signal or an analog-to-analog signal but itis not work in digital-to-analog or analog-to-digital signal. This type of cable contains both connection DVI-D as well as DVI-A, this cable is a combination of other two cables.