Thread: No audio in Lenovo Thinkcentres

No audio in Lenovo Thinkcentres

One of my friends having a Lenovo M52 8113-V7G ThinkCentre, and gives this to me for installing the windows XP environment into the machine. After installing the operating system I looked for the hardware drivers. I switch to the official web site, but did not found the appropriate driver for the machine. Then I installed the ADI Soundmax audio driver, downloaded from the same web site, the problem is that after installing this one, it is not working properly. The rest of the things are running fine, only there is no audio in any process. Is it not the right sound driver? Or is there any other fault for the problem. Can anyone suggest me any solution for the problem?

Re: No audio in Lenovo Thinkcentres

Click on start menu button and then go to control panel and proceed to Add and remove program, in that list look for the driver name, click on that and the un-install option will flashes, click on that option and un-install the driver. Now re-install the driver with the appropriate screen instructions for the installation. Or you can also use the "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, because I am also using the Lenovo machine, and having the same problem with my sound driver and then I installed the Realtek sound driver, it is compatible with the Lenovo machine.

I recommend you to repair the sound driver from your machine, just few months ago I had the exactly same issue after that one of my friend suggest me with this tip. And after do this operation, now my sound driver is working fine. I am using the Realtek high definition sound driver. For that you can do this either from the control panel, go there and then proceed to Add and remove option under that menu and click on the name of the sound driver. It will show up you the un-install the program. Click on this option, after appear the un-install window look for the repair option under that window and click on this, this will repair the software application. Or you can also do the same thing by insert the installation driver disk, click on the installer file and in the installation window, and click on the repair option. I hope by this you problem will overcome.

Relevant issue with my Acer TravelMate 8204WLMi, after upgrade that one into windows XP pro and then installed the sound driver, I was able to configure the 5.1 and 7.1 speaker with the machine, but suddenly on yesterday while I tried to connect the speaker with my laptop, this shows me that the device is not recognized by the computer and for that I was unable to connect the speaker, tried with both the speakers, bit are giving the same result. I am sure that having the correct sound driver which is compatible with the windows environment Is this for the audio hardware driver? Any suggestion on this issue? How to fix this one?

There is a probable solution for the problem that you mentioned in your post in the Lenovo machine. Remove the audio driver from machine and go for the new one with the latest technology, only make sure that you are going for the correct one, which is compatible with the machine specification and the operating system that you installed. Remove the earlier one from the control panel and then remove that one from the machine. And go for your machine specified driver, you can fine different driver in vivid web sites. A driver of any hardware is designed to interact with the special kind of software or hardware devices. This is known as the medium in between the machine and the hardware environment. So as per this note, it is also cleared that the problem that you mentioned is might be occurred fro the software application which is used fro the sound. I recommend you to go for the Realtek sound drivers, which is good for the high definition sound output from your machine. It is compatible with almost all type of machine, and it comes for all windows environment and other operating systems. But remember that you have to periodically update the sound as well as the video driver in your machine, for getting the better performance in all the field. I hope this will definitely help you to choosing the way to resolve the problem.