Thread: Cannot install drivers for Dell touchscreen monitor ?

Cannot install drivers for Dell touchscreen monitor ?

Currently I am having an desktop system although my system configuration is very good, but I have got an old monitor with an old CRT monitor of samsung syncmaster, I have got i5 processor ,1TB of hard disk space and a graphic card installed explicitly. But my monitor is very old now and it flickers all the time, so I want to replace it ,but this time I am thinking a bit bigger , can you tell me which is the best touch screen monitor. It would be more grateful if tell me how I can configure it and it's feature. P.S I want an integrated web cam on my monitor.

Re: Cannot install drivers for Dell touchscreen monitor ?

I think you should buy a Dell SX2210 , it has great features.
    The Magic Touch:
    With vivid color and detail, the new Dell SX2210T 21.5"W Multi-Touch Monitor with Webcam brings your HD entertainment to life when using Windows 7 Home Premium and above. And it lets you explore multimedia like never before.

• Multi-touch capabilities for systems with Windows® 7 Home Premium and above
    • Full HD (1920 x 1080) experience with 16:9 widescreen display
    • Optimal brightness (220cd/m2) and 50,000:1 (max.) dynamic contrast ratio
    • Integrated 2MP webcam with dual microphones for video chats.

With the new DellTM SX2210T 21.5"W Multi-Touch Monitor with Webcam, you can enjoy more with the touch of a finger (or two). Whether you want to edit your photos, rearrange playlists or scroll down a web page, you’ll be able to interact with multimedia like never before. The astonishing clarity of the 21.5" Full HD widescreen display makes it easy to lose yourself within movies and games. Featuring an integrated webcam and stylish design, the SX2210T is the perfect addition to your HD life. Windows 7 Home Premium and above required for multi-touch/touch capability.

Yes I googled all about the touch screen monitors and found this monitor the most attractive. So I bought it a month back. But now I am having some issues in it, I cannot install the drivers of the touch screen from the cd which came along with the system. When I try to install it an error message pops up that says that some source file is missing. Now after trying to install it I cannot even install the Google chrome web browser. I called the Dell support to fix my issue. The call was very time consuming and even the technician could not sort out the issue , so he hung up the call saying that he will give me a call back the next day. Please suggest me some solution as it is very frustrating because this is my new laptop and I cannot do anything but just look at the non working monitor.

I think some of the exixting application is preventing you to install the driver.You also mentioned that you cannot install Google chrome, I think the current browser which is installed in the system. So You should uninstall the browser which are you using right now and then install the driver of the monitor. Just go in the order as I instruct you , first of all install the drivers of the touch screen , then followed by the drivers of the webcam and the browser at last. i think this should definitely work . If still not I think you should wait for the call from the Dell support.

Yes they called me yesterday evening , I got my issue partially resolved. I could not even imagine and expect what would come out as the root cause of the issue. The system registry files were corrupted and the technician on the call helped me to install the whole windows operating system again ad the drivers as well. Later on I installed the touch screen and the web cam drivers successfully.But there was one more issue which remained unnoticed till now. The touch screen function on upper half portion of the monitor was not working as well. As the monitor was brand new , it fall under the warranty so they said me that I will get the monitor replaced soon.