Thread: Unable to adjust Dell Ultra Sharp 2408WFP Monitor height wise

Unable to adjust Dell Ultra Sharp 2408WFP Monitor height wise

I have had the Dell Ultra Sharp 2408WFP monitor. While I earliest got it, I could lift it up and down horizontally on the path. I was just cleaning my small table and every of the peripherals. While I was dusting the top of the monitor, it lowered and clacked in position on the pathway. There as a slim, rectangular button on the flipside of the track, which I suppose is for height regulation, but while I push it, it won't free so I cannot lift the monitor. I don't observe anything else on the back which would let go the height adjustment. Does anybody know if there is something else I necessitate doing?

Re: Unable to adjust Dell Ultra Sharp 2408WFP Monitor height wise

Just check this point may this will helpful to adjust your monitor.
    • Adjust your monitor Tilt or Swivel:

With the fixed base, you can tilt and swivel the monitor for the majority of contented viewing angle. Stand is separate and comprehensive while the monitor is shipped from the factory.
    • Adjust your monitor Vertical Extension

Stand expands vertically up to 100mm via the Lock down or release button. If you monitor gets locked down:
    1. Just push the monitor down.
    2. Press the Lock release button on the underneath rear of stand to release the monitor.
    3. Pick up the monitor up and expand the stand to the preferred height.

Earlier than changing place or moving the monitor to a dissimilar location, make certain that the stand is locked down. To lock it down, lesser the height of the panel until it ticks and is locked into position.

I have some tips or settings to Rotating the Monitor. Earlier than you rotate the monitor, your monitor should be completely vertically comprehensive and completely tilted up to keep away from hitting the base edge of the monitor. To take benefit of the Display Rotation function that is Landscape versus Portrait vision a restructured graphics driver is necessary for your Dell Computer not built-in with this monitor. Please download the graphics driver from dell.com and pass on to the download section for Video Drivers for most recent driver updates. While in Portrait View Mode, you may understand performance degradation in graphic concentrated applications or 3D Gaming etc.

That was really nice one. But I have some more or improved information. Adjust the Rotating Settings of Your OS. Later than you have rotated your monitor, you require to finish the process underneath to rotate you’re OS. If you are by means of the monitor with a non Dell computer, you necessitate going to the graphics driver website or your computer maker website for information on turning your OS.
    1. Right click on the desktop and select Properties.
    2. Choose the Settings tab and then select Advanced.
    3. If you have ATI graphics card, choose the Rotation tab and put the preferred rotation.
    4. If you have Nvidia graphics card, choose the Nvidia tab, in the left hand column choose NVRotate, and next choose the favored rotation.
    5. If you have Intel graphics card, choose the Intel graphics tab, select Graphic Properties, choose the Rotation tab, and after that place the preferred rotation.

Pros:
    I just purchased this monitor, waiting for Dell to finally put in an HDMI input. The picture is beautiful, games look perfect, no ghosting. Movies look great, no motion blurriness like I have heard on the older model. The design is sleak. I highly recommend it.
    Cons:
    As someone else has stated, switching between inputs takes a while since you have to cycle through all the inputs. Picture-in-Picture only accepts S-video and composite inputs, please correct me if I am mistaken! It would be nice to have both DVIs or DVI and HDMI to be side by side.

Dell has done a great job with the '08 models and this model proves it. If you are looking for a nice widescreen monitor with lots of features, this is the one. I have been looking around for about a year for the perfect LCD monitor and I found it. Thanks Dell!!