Thread: Lost webcam and USB ports after power outage in SP2009W monitor

Lost webcam and USB ports after power outage in SP2009W monitor

I had a power outage a hardly any weeks before, my Dell Inspiron 518 64 bit. The monitor side USB ports stop working as well I just become aware of my Webcam have completely vanished from Device Manager and each and every hardware orientations are disappeared. I had to plug in a HUE webcam to use Oovoo or Dell Video cchat. Is there some way to re install the webcam on the monitor, or to determine if it is fried? Please help to know why this is happened and how to come out from this!! As well give some additional information about Dell SP2009W monitor.

Re: Lost webcam and USB ports after power outage in SP2009W monitor

1. Power off the monitor
    2. Disconnect the power cable from the monitor
    3. Disconnect each and every monitor cords from the computer like USB, DVI, VGA, Display Port, HDMI, etc.
    4. While disconnected, push and hold the monitor power button down for some seconds
    5. Reconnect the DVI cable from the monitor and to the PC video card
    6. Reconnect the monitor USB uplink cable from the monitor and to the computer
    7. Reconnect the power cord to the monitor
    8. Power on the monitor if it does not power on by itself
    9. Power on the computer
    10. Push the monitor Input Source choose button and select DVI. At the present, once into windows, did any New Hardware messages come in a vision?

I also get the similar problem and I don’t have any idea how to move out from this and how to solve this problem. I just read further information and while I went step by step through the list and there is no dissimilarity. Testing Dell Video chat articulates there is no camera. No camera is listed in Device Manager; in addition no New Hardware message moved toward up while Windows in progress. The USB ports are motionless not working. While I go to Add Device in control panel, camera and scanner wizard, the just device listed as existing is Xerox work center pro scanner something I by no means even had.

You have tested an additional USB device on the Desktop PC USB ports to confirm they are immobile working? If yes, it sounds like the monitor is faulty or is improper. The devices which will not work on the monitor's USB ports will work in the face side ports of the CPU. There will be one awful USB port on the back of the CPU just test it. After doing this just check where is the hardware profile of the system located? Also check Is your monitor out of warranty date? If yes then must suggest you to first download the Auslogics System Information tool. I require your monitor order number to check the warranty status if you really don’t know and want to know this.