Thread: Nvidia driver 2.6.36 kernel In Gentoo

Nvidia driver 2.6.36 kernel In Gentoo

I am not able to seem to obtain the Nvidia driver to construct against the original kernel. I imported .config into the new kernel source, ran create old configuration to put any new options, and then make modules to install'. Usually, later than those commands, I run 'module-rebuild populate' followed by 'module-rebuild rebuild' to rebuild the Nvidia driver against the new kernel.

Re: Nvidia driver 2.6.36 kernel In Gentoo

I am really getting wonder that why I am not able to fix this issue. why I was not able to come across that bug when I looked. At the present that the 2.6.36 has gone steady you would believe this would have been corrected. In any of the case, thanks, I will take the impression of being at it later when I am at home and report back.

Here I will suggest you that rather than the patching, unmask driver 260.xx and try that it would be easier for me and more easier solution for me. . 260.xx is hard masked, but on the Nvidia support site the dev states that the modifies probably will not be able to made to 256.xx anytime soon. So regarding this I know this much so I hope this information related to your issue will help you a lot. So I just want to ask you that what you think about this. So please reply soon.

Here I will say that I am sorry, but I obtain a chuckle out of that. You forget, this is Linux, just for the reason that it is marked stable does not of necessity mean it will carry on to work as you look forward to it to or as it did before. I have said it before, in Linux, if it works faithfully as it should, it is not finished. So I am getting this in my issue which is more similar to this issue. So if you guys have any other solution then I will request you to post it as soon as it is possible.

All time I read somewhat concerning upcoming changes in Linux, the reason is for all time the same. The old application had excessively a lot of limitations. So we move about to a new application that supplies not one bit of additional functionality or in a number of cases, fewer functionality, then we require a couple more applications to make available the missing functionality. It took me two days to gather up the desirable information to acquire somewhat as simple as a thumb drive showing up in a file manager when I get rid of half.