Thread: OpenGL error in Minecraft client

OpenGL error in Minecraft client

When I want run Minecraft then I get OpenGL error again and again. This error says that Unable to find an accelerated OpenGL mode. I have little much knowledge on this error but I cannot able to solve it. I think the problem is may be related to the hardware not the software. I using Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family with 128MB RAM with an on-board graphic card. If anyone having knowledge on this then please reply back to me.

Re: OpenGL error in Minecraft client

I have gone through your question and I think that this kind of error occurs when the amount of memory is not sufficient for the OpenGL. OpenGL needs huge amount of memory to run semi-smooth. If you are using lower memory for OpenGL, then it would load fewer textures at once and slower, but it can handle all the textures it has to load, rather than having it load a lot of textures, fast. So to get rid of this problem you have to use more memory for OpenGL.
    Last edited by OS-X-10+; 20-11-2010 at 10:01 PM.

As far I know about this, to overcome this issue, you should make sure that you are having up to date driver install, if not the install the updated driver and also possible also reinstall the OpenGL driver for the same. Because many of the issues can be determine by just updating the drivers. I hope this suggestion should work for you.

Here, I have given you some steps follow those to crack this OpenGL error. This issue can be solve by changing the amount of memory allocated to the OpenGL. If you are a Windows operating system user then go to the programs files of minecraft and right click on the run.bat file and then click on the edit option and search for –Xmx using ctrl+F command. Change the amount and then save it by going into the file option.Or if you are using Mac OS then go to the minecraft-osx.sh' using text editor and search for –Xmx file, also change its number of amount and save it. If you are having other query then reply me.
    Last edited by MaCiNToSHeR; 20-11-2010 at 10:05 PM.

There can be several reasons for this but in my point of view; your onboard video adapter may be not able to handle Minecraft. I have seen that many of the people cannot able to play the game because of the same reason and even after doing so many settings they cannot able to play this game. I think you should first go to required configuration for the same. I hope this information may help you.