Thread: Graphics dilemma as per DirectX

Graphics dilemma as per DirectX

I have bought a new Dell Inspiron 15R for which I am looking forward to graphic card for this laptop. But I have got confused between the the DirectX support provided by the graphic card. So can anybody tell me that whether I should buy a graphic card with the support of DX 10.1 , Pixel Shader 4.1, Vram 1 gig or DX 11, Pixel Shader 5, Vram 512 mb.

Re: Graphics dilemma as per DirectX

I suggest you to go buying the latest technology which would be ofcourse having much more support then that of DirectX 10.1. Actually all the new games or some other things would be made as per the support of newest DirectX support so your laptop would be lacking about the same if you buy a graphic card with the older DirectX support. And it is nothing like that if you buy a new one then it won’t be supporting for the older things.

I think the laptop which you have bought does not support for the manual customization so I don’t think that you would be able to run any brand’s graphic card on your laptop. I guess you have to forcefully use the Intel Desktop Graphics which dell have provided. Still I would like to confirm it again that the it is possible or not.

I have gone through the customizing possibilities of this laptop and it says that I can attach the graphic card with this laptop. I have seen two GPUs for out of which one is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 - 512MB and another is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v - 1GB. So can you guys suggest me now which I should go for? And how would it be running on my lappy.

Dive into the world of HD - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 graphics. 1 Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies have better picture quality and Dolby TrueHD Surround Sound via HDMI 1.3a with, and enjoy an amazing HD experience -. 1.2 Connect the best of both worlds with the revolutionary, platform-independent graphics card technology, according to requirement between maximum battery life and maximum performance changes depending - is visual computing without restrictions. the 3 Take the lead in the latest HD games and DirectX 11 applications with dramatic high-definition gaming performance and unmatched realistic graphics when you cannot go games without do your on. 1 Get with the ATI Stream more than just gaming performance from your graphics card, accelerating technology, demanding applications the impressive processing power of the graphics card and increase your productivity.

The latest AMD / ATI graphics chips for laptops from the HP-5000 series are not all new developments. Sun based the Mobility Radeon HD 550v on the same chip as its predecessor. This belongs to the name Mobility Radeon HD 4650. Both GPUs are manufactured in 55 nm production, have 514 million transistors and feature 320 stream processors. Since the HD-4000 series only supports up to DirectX 10.1, the Mobility Radeon HD 550v without DirectX 11 technology, commented. The built-in memory can vary by manufacturer and uses GDDR3 and DDR3 or DDR2 VRAM. The connection is via a 128-bit interface. The only difference between the two chips is technically identical to the adjacent clock speeds. How the 550v HD, 450 MHz core clock and 600 MHz effective memory clock, the predecessor still tinkers with 550 MHz core clock and 800 MHz effective memory clock.

The AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v is based on the same chip as the old Mobility Radeon HD 4650, but at lower clock speeds (so to speak, a Mobility Radeon HD 4630). Thus, the 550v HD has a middle class video card and the performance is slightly below the HD 4650 around the same level of GT 330M / 240M GT from Nvidia.