Thread: Issues in ATI Radeon with SAMSUNG LED-TV UE40B6000 on Linux

Issues in ATI Radeon with SAMSUNG LED-TV UE40B6000 on Linux

Hi I am using the linux operating system from the last few months and it is serving me the best. I am also having the ATI Radeon graphic card which i9s giving me problems now a days. the thing here is that there is no issue with the normal monitor but when i will connect the SAMSUNG LED-TV UE40B6000 the display is quite weird. I don't know why i getting a small display on the large screen. Pleas help me in this case to get the proper display and also let me know if there is any issue with the graphic card i am using.

Re: Issues in ATI Radeon with SAMSUNG LED-TV UE40B6000 on Linux

as mentioned by you have connected the Samsung LED TV with your system and you are not getting the proper display, the thing here is that if you are not getting the resolution pro-per than it is the system problem and if the display s not proper then there might be an issue with the graphic card or the TV. What you have to do in this case is that just set the resolution at higher side let say up to 1920x1080@60Hz which is the max for the television. It may have happen that the resolution is set for the monitor which is comparatively small than the TV that you are currently using so the resolution for bot of them is different you have to set the resolution at the max and get proper output.

If the issue is of pixels then there is an problem with the video card or the graphic card that you are using. The thing here is that some times it may happen that the video card on the system is not compatible with the TV that you are trying to connect. So try and do one thing use any other video card and see to it whether the problem occurs again or not if the problem appears again then your card is ok and if everything is fine with the monitor then the is something wrong with the video card of yours just replace it with any new one.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time to give the solution. the thing here is that i am still not able to solve the issue because it is impossible for me to increase the resolution in LINUX or i don't know to do the same, Please help me to solve this problem and also let me know that is there is nay other way that will help me to increase the resolution. I also has windows Xp installed on my system and when i connect the same TV when the XP is active then it is working fine and no problems with the resolution.

Here are the steps that will help you to increase the screen resolution in Linux:
    • First of you have to go in the system
    • The select the preference option.
    • After clicking on the preference option a window will open from that you have to select the Display option.
    • Then a Display preference window will open
    • In that you will find the Resolution button.
    • Just click that button and then set the resolution you want.

This will definitely help you to increase the resolution of the screen and that will help you to adjust the TV screen. And i hope that you will resolve your problem.

According to me if you are using the Linux operating system then it will definitely give you an error. The thing is that in windows Xp or any other operating system you can set the highest resolution up to 1920x1080@60Hz or more but in this one you can only set the resolution 800x600 which is not enough for a Television to work on. And that is the reason why you are not getting the output as expected. so what you have to do here is not try and connect the TV when the Linux is active if you ant then you can use it on the windows platform.