Thread: Intel 82574L network card error:" Network Connection is Lost"

Intel 82574L network card error:" Network Connection is Lost"

Hello friends I having a strange problem with the Intel's 82574L network card. It was working pretty well until last night when I left the server on for quite some time and gone out to do some urgent work and when I returned home I found that there was a message saying "the network connection is lost" when I started the internet connection. But when I had checked the bits it showed the connection i on and working, but when I started the internet connection I again got the same message " the network connection is lost". Now I am not able to access the internet, so can any one help me find out what exactly is the problem.

Re: Intel 82574L network card error:" Network Connection is Lost"

Hey while you were out for the time to sort out your issue have any one at your home one something mischievous with your computer system or is that no one was there and the error occurred automatically without the interference of external entity. Also, are you using the cable internet connection or the modem connection. if you are using the modem then have you checked whether your modem is working properly or not that is whether it is showing the signals properly or not as it would show previously. Also, if you are using the cable connection then make sure that the cable is properly inserted into the network card. It might be that the cable connection might have got loosened which is why it is showing the error.

Hey why dont you check the ipconfg by running it in the command prompt, you will be able to get a clear idea of what exactly is happening and why are you getting the problem of the network connection. Also find out what is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection? Also if you are not able to recognize the problem than you must call your Internet Service Provider and see whether the problem is from the receiving end. It can be that the service providers might have stopped the connection of the internet due to some reason.

Hello friends thanks for the quick suggestion, I have tried every thing that you all have mentioned in the post. I have checked the ipconfg and found that there are large number of dropped packets and collisions that has occurred. Now what the hell is this, it is the first time I seeing this and I would want to know that is this usual or it is something wrong. Also, my modem is working very fine and I have all the lines working on it. Even I have tried calling the Internet Service Provider and asked him about the matter but he suggested that every thing was fine from their side. So one thing is sure that there something wrong with system or my network card. So can any one help me out to get rid of this problem, I am dying to start the internet on my system.

Hey even I have a similar kind of experience as you are facing right now and after going through so many sites I finally got one solution and it really helped me. I also had a doubt about the problem from the server side but gradually come to know that my network card was at fault. So the only way to overcome this problem is to install a new network card and again configure the network card. you must also do the same and check out whether it works properly or not after the replace. I hope so it should work. Also If you are having an inbuilt network card then you have to replace your entire motherboard because it is mounted on it.

Hey even I was faced by a similar kind of problem and after searching in the web for the solution I finaly got one and also it did worked for me.
    You can follow this steps
    Firstly Disable your NIC card
    The you have to enable the following services
    a. WMI "Windows Management Instrument"
    b. SSTPS "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service"
    c. RPC "Remote Procedure call"
    d. ICS "Internet Connection Sharing"
    e. Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
    f. Remote Access Connection Manager
    After you have done with the above steps Restart the Computer
    Now Open Device Manager and enable the NIC Device
    5 Enter WNCM " Windows Network Connection Manager"
    a. Turn on File Sharing.
    After going through the above steps you will be able to connect to the internet.