Thread: Unable to get into the graphic mode with 1024x768 resolution

Unable to get into the graphic mode with 1024x768 resolution

I started getting the problem on my system when i installed the backtrack4 on my system. The problem is that when try to start the system with the live CD, then i am not able to enter in the graphic mode. I don't have any idea related with this problem so try to help me out. I will be waiting for your reply so please try to help me out. Thanks.

Re: Unable to get into the graphic mode with 1024x768 resolution

I will recommend you to first run your system in the safe graphical mode a, then try to switch to the normal 1024x768 resolution. I think if you do this it will definitely help you in solving your problem. Even i have tried this same solution on with my system when i was facing the same problem. If you have any success regarding this then try to reply me back. Hope it will help you.

I have a nice solution for this problem. So try to do the following things in order to solve your problem. First try to boot your system by inserting the live cd. But note that first copy the xorg.conf from the live cd to your hard drive and then start the boot. You need to move the safe file to the location given as /etc/xorg.config. I think if you will try this solution on your system, then it might solve your problem. Do remember to reply me back.

I am also facing the same problem on my system. I have tried several solutions such as restarting the system several times, i have also tried to boot it in the safe mode, but inspite of trying all this things i am not able to solve my problem. Can you suggest me some different solution for this problem. Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you using any graphic card in your system? Shut down the system and then try to remove the graphic card from the slot and after some time again try to re-insert it. Once you have done that now try to start the system and see if you are able to enter in the graphic mode or not. I feel that you will be able to solve your problem. If still your problem is not getting solved out then try to reply me back.