Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-11-2010

Best Video card to play Second Life

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT, and RAM is about 8GB and my hard disk is of 0ne terabyte. And I have ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphic card with 512 MB of video memory. Windows 7 is running on my system as an operating system. I did not observe this card scheduled as a card that Second Life advice. And in this when I play the game in that after a 10 or you can say that 15 minutes of time I gets bunch of red square dots, after that the thick vertical lines, and my game get freeze. So I have to boot my system. I am using the latest driver for my graphic card. But I guess it is not enough to run SL. I also installed the ATI CCC - but not confident if tweaking that would make any disparity. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 13-11-2010

Re: Best Video card to play Second Life

Any 4800 series card is way an adequate amount to run Second Life. There is a predicament or you can say that the problems elsewhere, either a bad card or something else in your pc is not getting right. And in this it is much more significant than your graphics card is your internet connection for this. So I hope you have to check it once. So I hope it will fix your issue. So if you want then you are able to go for this.
Old 13-11-2010

I have read all the post which is given here but I want to know here that what is about your PS, And also about the model and brand? With that system and HD 4800 series, I believe you are able to play it with high setting. Regarding the red square dots or vertical lines, I think it is happening because of your card is overheating or even defective. Tell me what temperature of your card is?
Old 13-11-2010

I am also facing this from last one week and regarding this till now I am not able to get the perfect solution. Not confident how to discover information with reference to the PSU devoid of opening up the system. I am not able to find out the information Dell?s website also. Is there any way to find out this information devoid of having to open up the system? And in this I want to know that is there an online tool to calculate the card's temp?
Old 13-11-2010

I think you have to replace your graphic card if it is under the warranty period. I hope it will help you and may be it will fix your issue also. I have also faced this. It sounded like a bad card to me and not anything to do with your internet connection speed etc. but opinion is free as you acquainted with. I am attempting to discover out what would be the most excellent video card for SL myself and I am confident will obtain answers like you did. I do not much more regarding this so whatever I know I have told you over here.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,