Thread: Can use both Nvidia and Ati Radeon Graphics Card on a MacBook Pro

Can use both Nvidia and Ati Radeon Graphics Card on a MacBook Pro

I have recently got myself new MacBook Pro which has got Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT graphics card on it but I want to have another graphics card on it. I am to install high resolution games on my MacBook Pro for which I want to have another graphics card from Ati Radeon so I want to know if this can be possible with my MacBook Pro. So if anyone have solution for this problem please let me know if I can perform it on my MacBook Pro.

Re: Can use both Nvidia and Ati Radeon Graphics Card on a MacBook Pro

You cannot use two different graphics card from different company on your MacBook Pro as both the companies use different technology which will be conflict. I suggest you can use either two ATI Graphics card or two high-end Geforce card but not two different company graphics card on you system. So I think this will be enough for you to get that you cannot have two different company graphics card on your system. So if possible go for two graphics card from any of the one company. After which you will be able to install game or other things on your MacBook Pro.

I think this is not possible to use graphics card from two different companies as there will be many issue of compatibility because of which this will be not possible. I think you should not try to go for this as this may damage your MacBook Pro physically or your system will stop working forever, so better for you is not to try this and just go for traditional way of having single graphics card with high memory which will serve you the best possible outcome.

I think you are trying to do the thing which is not possible because of the technology difference in both the graphics card. You have mentioned you want to use Nvidia and Ati Radeon Graphics Card in which Nvidia uses different technology for creating graphics card and Ati uses some other. to solve you issue one thing you can do is try to use two Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT graphics cards or two Ati Radeon Graphics Cards if you want to other than this you can have single Graphics Card with high resolution support.