Thread: Can we play game with a $79 Video Card

Can we play game with a $79 Video Card

I have been using my computer without any graphics card until now and honestly speaking I never required to have it on my computer. But now I think I should have it installed because I don't get better fps during my games. I also notice sometimes graphics problem on my games which frustrates me a lot. So I have finally decided to go for installing a graphics card. But again the problem is budget. I can't spend more than $79 for a graphics card. Is there any graphics card which comes under this price range?

Re: Can we play game with a $79 Video Card

EVGA GeForce 8800GS is the perfect video card for the gamer, like you, who are looking for better performance but at lower price tag. Its features includes second Generation PureVideo HD, full DirectX 10 support, and PCI Express 2.0. It also has Unified Shader architecture and 128-bit HDR with FSAA that supports anti-aliasing. Its specification includes 65nm GPU @ 550MHz Core, 384MB DDR3 @ 1.6GHz and 96 Stream Processors @ 1.375GHz. I don't exactly the current rates of it but it is definitely lesser than your budget. You will surely save some money with this.

Why don't you go for some latest models like Zotac GeForce GTS 250 card. You can get this card for not more than $69.99. Combining a high-speed GeForce GTS 250 graphics processor with 128 blazing-fast stream processors, the ZOTAC GeForce GTS 250 delivers the latest DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.1, CUDA and PhysX powered 3D games and software. It also includes a high-speed GDDR3 video memory. It also features NVIDIA CUDA and PureVideo HD technology to get better gaming and video or image editing.

AMD has recently introduced a cheaper models of graphics card with ATI Radeon HD 5570. Like all other cards of its series, it includes AMD Eyefinity technology for multiple monitor supports, DirectX 11 for better visual effects. HD 5570 provides 520 gigaflops of computing power, 650 MHz clock speeds, 400 stream processors, and 20 texture units. It also have a 1 GB of memory which is running at 1.8 Gbps and consumes lower power than other, 38 watts when operational and 9.7 watts when in idle. AMD officially compares it with Nvidia GeForce GT 220 and thinks their product is far more better than GT 220; but I don't think there is much difference in the two. So make your decision and go for it.

First of all if you really want a cheaper one then go for either 4650 or 8600GTS. What ever you are selecting, make sure you have the best one with larger memory size. The GPU memory is basically for larger resolutions, the larger the memory the best experience you will have. Also before deciding for any model please make sure you consider this: core clock, memory clock, memory bus width, and number of stream processors. These all factors affect your gaming experience.