Thread: How to keep windows maximized on only one monitor on a dual screen

How to keep windows maximized on only one monitor on a dual screen

Hello friends I have got a unusual problem to sort out. Can any one help me to find out the solution for the problem. The problem is like this, I have a Dual monitor which I am using with my system. When I move an applications for watching DVDs to one monitor and maximize it, it stays maximized no matter what I do on the other monitor. But if I maximize say, a browser it won't stay in full screen mode if I do anything on the other monitor.What can I do to lock it in such a way that it stays maximized. I am having windows 7 on my system.
    Last edited by kristtoper; 08-11-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Re: How to keep windows maxamised on only one monitor on dual monitor configuration

First of all which kind of videos are you playing on your DVD player, If it is flash video then you cannot play it in full screen mode in the other monitor. Flash video only plays in full screen mode when in focus, if you are playing any other videos the it must happen or you can use different players as some of them support and some does not support. And as far as he internet browser goes I would also like to ask you which kind of browser are you using, I dont have any idea about other browser but if suppose you are using firefox then are add-ons in the firefox settings that would enable full screen Firefox lock. If this doesn't solve the problem than make sure that the firefox is updated with latest version.

Re: How to keep windows maximized on only one monitor on a dual screen

Hey i had also experienced the same issue as you are facing now , I was also keen to play fullscreen videos as well as fullscreen browser on my dual screens. But either of the two would only work in the full screen mode. To solve this issue I made use of Adobe Flash player, once i started playing videos on it, it was working pretty fine but when I was supposed to open in other monitor. I closed everything. Started Flash Hacker > Hack My Flash! > Exited Flash Hacker.
    Now I can play things on one monitor full screen and even use Firefox on another monitor and it won't affect the full screen flash on the other. It worked for me using firefox but I dont have any idea about other browser so you can try this to check it works for you or not.

Thanks for your kind advice but the FlashHacker.exe program does not seem to function for me. I was using internet explorer as my default web browser but as you mentioned that it worked for you only in firefox, so even i did make use of this firfox and use this FlashHacker, but some way some how I am not able to solve the issue. I tried it on multiple versions of Windows XP Professional but still getting the errors continuously. The error message that I received is as follows
    "the application failed to initialize the Flash Hacker"
    Now what do I do to make my problem get solved. Please can any one give me an exact solution for this.

Hey I am also been through this issue and I would like to inform you that the FlashHacker software depends on the .NET Framework. The software documentation does not indicate the dependency of the FlashHacker. Adobe Flash Player does not require the .NET Framework. So I guess that for the Flash Hacker to run completely you might require the .Net framework on your system. So instead of spending time in installing it you must update the Flash Player or use some other option to solve the problem.

FlashHacker still works on Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.64 this you have to make some setting manually. This is how the process goes.
    • On win32 open "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll"
    • On win64 open "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll"
    • Now you must carefully change the setting as shown
    • On version 10.1.53.38
      Jump to offset 0x180227 and change bytes 74 2A to 90 90
    • On version 10.1.53.55
      Jump to offset 0x180410 and change bytes 74 39 to 90 90
    • On version 10.1.53.64
      Jump to offset 0x180A15 and change bytes 74 39 to 90 90
    • On version 10.1.82.76
      Jump to offset 0x180AAF and change bytes 74 39 to 90 90

After going through the above instruction you can be able to fix the problem.