Thread: Dim display on Windows 7

Dim display on Windows 7

I was trying to run Windows 7 by using the BootCamp. When I booted that with no monitor plugged into that then I found it booted without any problem. Again I booted that by connecting the external monitor to it and found that was also working without any problem. After few days when I again tried to boot it with external monitor connected then the LCD display becomes very dim. I rebooted the system again but no change in the display. Is it the problem with the Macbook display or it is related to the Windows 7? Please suggest me if you have any idea about this.

Re: Dim display on Windows 7

It may be some problem with the setting for the power. You can check for the settings for the power. To check and change the setting for the power you have to open the Power troubleshooter and this may solve the issue for you. To do that, click on the Start button on your computer and select the control panel from there. Type troubleshooter in the search box and click on the troubleshooting. You can improve the power uses which are under the System and Security. This may ask you for the administrator password for the confirmation. Provide the same and save the changes.

If you have any problem with the display card\graphic card driver on your system then also lit will create such problems. This driver maintains all the things regarding the display and if that is corrupted then it will create such problems. Uninstall and install the display card driver again to your system and see whether it makes any difference to the screen brightness. If that does not help you then you can search for the latest driver available on internet. You can download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s site. Install that to your computer and I am sure that it will solve the issue for you.

OK, you can try the following to fix this error. Go to Start > Control Panel. Select the power options from control panel. On the left side of that window you will be able to see various options and from there you have to select "Choose when to turn off the display." Search for the diming option there and if you get that then you can adjust that according to your need. You will also be able to adjust the brightness of the screen if you want. If you don’t find these options in your case then you can do this from the button present on the laptops. Most of the laptops have these buttons to adjust the screen settings.

If we talk about the windows 7 then I would like to tell you that it has quite a few tremendous features. You must be well known to many of those features but recently I came across a new feature of this. I came to know that we can set the time for the laptop to dim the display. There is possibility that this setting is enabled in your laptop and therefore its display is getting dim. This feature is implemented so that we can save the power consumed by it. To change these settings you have to go to the Change settings for plan. This can be viewed with the Power Options. I hope that it will help you.

You can try the following steps to solve the issue for you.
    1. Click on start and open the Control panel.
    2. Click on System and Security and select the power option.
    3. Click on Change plan setting which is under current power plan.
    4. Go ‘to advance settings and search for the settings from the list that can set the Dim feature.
    5. Change the option according to your need.

I was also facing this problem of diming the screen. I tried many things to get it fixed but that was not helpful. Finally I did the following to get it fix. You can also try this to solve the issue with your display.
    1. Click On start and select the control panel.
    2. Under control panel you will able to see the System and Maintenance. Open that and select Power option.
    3. There is an option for adjusting the brightness of the display. Select that option. From there you will be able to adjust the brightness for the display.
    4. In the oage for Change settings for the plan, you will see a slider for to adjust the brightness. Adjust that according to your need and save the changes.

You can also try calibrating your display and see whether it helps you or not.