Thread: TV tuner card not compatible with AMD processor M600

TV tuner card not compatible with AMD processor M600

I have got a desktop system with Windows xp professional Service pack 3 operating system, AMD M600 2.4 Ghz processor, Asus motherboard with a video chipset graphic card installed on it's PCIe slot. The processor on the High definition channel can be used 70% of it's total capacity and overall average it becomes 60% of it's usage. Apart from all these I use a Hauppauge HVR-1500 Express card HDTV tuner which is designed specially for Windows users. But since few days my computer freezes after turning on, so I have no choice but to do a hard shut down. I called the man from whom I purchased the TV tuner card, He says it's the processor that is responsible for this issue.

Re: TV tuner card not compatible with AMD processor M600

I do not agree with what the technician said to you because I have the same tuner card that you have , but you said you have 2.2 Ghz processor and as far as I know the minimum requirement for that card is 1.58 processor speed. So i do not think your computer lock up is due to the processor and the tv tuner card. I think the AMD processors are quite good in clock speed
    and your and mine tv tuner card comes out of a well reputed manufacturer. So you should run a test on your system and check for other hardware and software failures.

Well according to me you do not have any processor-tuner card compatibility issue . Open the cpu and Check whether the tv tuner card is properly mounted on the correct slot. It may also be possible that the drivers ( either of the tuner card or the the graphic card not be installed properly. I think you should uninstall the current drivers of the the Tv tuner card and the the the graphic card search for the latest drivers from HP. If still the problem persists change the tv tuner card, go for a AVerMedia Mini.

The Tv tuner card you have installed in the PCI slot is an internal one i.e to watch television on your computer system you have to turn on the system. So it should be compatible with the system's configuration if it has to run smooth. But if you think that the processor is not good enough to handle the tuner card so either you should change the processor or the tuner card that matches with the requirement set by the processor. If you decide to change the processor then your windows locking issue may resolve but some other problems may create and who knows even severe than this. And if you are ready to spend I think you should buy an external TV tuner card.

I totally agree with this external TV tuner card solution. If you are unaware how to use then do not worry it is much simpler than the internal TV tuner card. As the internal TV tuner cards require the Cpu to be powered om, an internal TV tuner card does not. You just have to turn the monitor and switch on the the tuner that you ca place any where. So you can now watch tv on your monitor irrespective of the processor or other configuration of your computer system. So even if the system crashes you can at least watch the tv if the monitor is well and good. But you cannot both turn on the computer and watch tv at the same time.