Thread: Samsung LNS4051 LCD TV - power on issues

Samsung LNS4051 LCD TV - power on issues

I bought my new Samsung LCD TV LNS4051 six months ago. And i am facing the power problem with it. I tell you this high techno LCD's are just a very big problem for all. We buy this big gadgets by paying huge amount to the manufacturing company, but still they have such poor products to sell. The problem with my LCD is , when the LCD TV is on the standby mode and when I try to turn it on, it makes some kind of clicking sound and the red light flashes out and after some time the red light goes off. After clicking the power button several times say about 5-10 times the TV finally starts. However, after watching TV for some time and again if i turn it off and restart it again then their is no problem occurring. The picture quality of the LCD TV is not compromised in any way, it is as good as it was earlier. But the problem is with the power of the LCD TV. Can anyone suggest me some solutions over this problem..

Re: Samsung LNS4051 LCD TV - power on issues

I have a Samsung 40" LCD TV and had the same problem with it as you are facing ..I managed to fix this problem in a very easy manner. The solution which i am going to give is very simple and very easy to implement. Simply Go to Radio Shack and try to get 1000uF 36V Capacitors . You can simply locate the capacitors which are fixed inside it.. If you have never practiced it before on any old piece of electronics then simply remember one thing, keep the soldering iron with a light coat of solder on it and then simply replace the caps..And after this your problem is solved. It will take roughly 2 hours for you to complete this work..

As you suggested for this post, I just replaced the four capacitors with Radio-shack (272-1032), but still my LCD TV is having the same problem. No change is observed even after doing all these stuff. It is still making the same clicking sound, red light appears and after sometime it goes off again.Does any one has any idea about how to solve this problem permanently. Is their any permanent fix for this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Their is another solution for this query. You can simply take off the back cover of the Samsung LCD TV set and you will be able to see a circuit board at the center of the LCD TV.. And on the Circuit board, you will be able to see small round capacitors (Which look like little cans). And on the top of each of the capacitor, you will see an shiny aluminium cap. This aluminium cap has a cross hatch mark cut on it. If their is no problem with the capacitor then, the cap will be flat . If the capacitor is having some problem, the cap will bulge out.. You will be able to see 4 of the capacitors that are having some problem. So these capacitors should be replaced in order to overcome this problem..

According to me the main cause of this power supply problem are due to bad capacitors on your power supply. When the capacitor is bulged or swollen at that time you can be able to identify that the capacitor is bad. Most of the post which I have read online related to this issue with the power supply of LCD TV have not shown a capacitor that has leaked due to some problem or any thing like that, but obviously that would be another indicator for a bad capacitor. So the main reason for the power supply problem with the LCD TV is only due to bad capacitor.

If your LCD TV set is still under warranty. then I would suggest you to use it and let the professionals of the samsung company handle the problem for you. But for the rest of the people who have Samsung LCD TV but their warranty had expired and want to save some money, then this would be the best way to go with. I had the same problem with it and when I fixed my power supply issue I did not have any previous experience on soldering and desoldering capacitors on a power supply board. But overall it was a nice experience for fixing the issue on our own rather than waiting for some one else to come and solve it.

For checking the capacitor, you just have to look at the bad capacitor and get the right information from the information given on the capacitor. But remember about uF, voltage and temperature of the capacitor. For me it was only 2 of the capacitors. It needed two 2200 uF. When I first saw the power supply, it was very easy for me to spot the bad capacitors. Some of the samsung LCD TV owners have replaced all the capacitors from it and i suggest you to better go with the replacement of all the capacitor of your LCD TV..