Thread: Radeon HD 5570 CrossFire compatibility issues

Radeon HD 5570 CrossFire compatibility issues

I would soon be my PC upgrade a little to a new motherboard, including CPU and was wondering which video cards can I use my existing Radeon HD5570 in a CrossFire mode on the ATI side, I have not found any information about my particular graphics card. I would (ask but I think it is unlikely that this works, but costs nothing), the best card available with an HD 3850, which I installed in another PC, or an HD 5450, which left me a well-known interconnect would, so I would have because no other expenditure, does one of these combination? I've also read that software Crossfire only works with certain motherboard chipsets, has the Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2, which I chose the latter and if not what uATX-board doing this? Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Radeon HD 5570 CrossFire compatibility issues

What you got there before work out, so not and does not make any sense. For a Crossfire system you always have to take cards of the same type. Say 2x HD5570. Exceptions allowing the Hydra chipset, which is the financial investment but in any effort to benefit. by a bunch of incompatibilities apart. If you want to play with it, but that is probably even too little. These are tickets for a HTPC is not for games. Regardless of which have power supply and case (cooling) to be designed for Crossfire.

For ATi, you can also combine different cards. But I think that the weaker of the two cards will always limit the overall system. So the idea with the 5450 is not really good. Have you used the 5570 and 3850? Do I also sense there are just two generations between them, even if the two cards may be the same should be fast, then you can bend as DX11. Only purpose: 2 tickets for 4 or more monitors (up to three yes most 5xxx support already), but not in crossfire but self-sufficient. There are only minor differences within the series, such as in 5770 and 5750. The cards are but the same type. There are only a few things off them (the 5750) to slow down.

There are only minor differences within the series, such as in 5770 and 5750. The cards are but the same type. There are only a few things off them (the 5750) to slow down.
    Yeah... even I think the same. With the Radeon HD 5000 series AMD first used the so-called Terascale 2 Architecture, where there is a further development of the unified shader architecture of the R600 GPU is. Because of the design for DirectX 11 had various changes are made, including the support of Shader Model 5.0. This includes the use of the new compute, Hull, and domain shader that made the improvement of texture compression is necessary. The architecture is optimized for GPU computing, and supports the IEEE-754-2008 standard , so the GPU Fused Multiply Add (FMA) can perform. Improvements to the cache Besides other commands, such as Sum of Absolute Differences (SAD) and Direct Compute important commands such as bit count for insert, extract, implemented.

Far more common than the measurement of the consumption of the graphics card is to determine the power consumption of a complete system. This reference system is a compiled, in which the various graphics cards are installed, then by using the measurement of an energy monitoring devices or similar equipment directly from the socket instead. However, the significance of the readings is limited: It is not clear which usage is from the graphics card and what the rest of the PC system's fault. The difference in consumption between idle and 3D-load operation is in this method not only depends on has been created with which program the load, affect the utilization and efficiency of the rest of the PC system, including power supply, motherboard and processor, the measured difference as well. Since the tested systems differ in the rule of your own PC system at home, can the data given do not reflect on your own system. Only data from otherwise identical systems are good (conditional) for comparison with each other.

I would have to be. In the power range you get too many problems with micro stuttering. Then prefer to sell both cards and as 5770 or 5750 installed for it. Since you have more of. If it needs, then a second identical video card. Even if it were, the slower card would always slow down too much. Therefore, Hybrid Crossfire worth between chipset graphics and discrete graphics cards for example, only at very slow, so if the graphics chipset to not very slow. Your video just shows that combination of different graphics cards are usually only possible when the same chip is installed, eg 3870 with 3870X2, then what well-quasi-triple crossfire or so.