Thread: After installing the Intel Graphics drivers, the audio stops working

After installing the Intel Graphics drivers, the audio stops working

Hello,
    I am system is having the following configuration.
    • Intel 661 Clarkdale CPU
    • 2TB Hitachi HD
    • LG Bluray Drive
    • Windows 7 x64

Initially the audio on my system was working fine, when i installed a copy of the Windows 7. But the problem i get when i try to install the Intel HD Graphics driver. After installing this driver my audio stops working. I am able to see the power in my speaker. I find that the system is making the sound through the volume control panel, but not able to get the sound from the speaker. I am having no ideas related with this issue. Can you provide me some solution, so that i can solve my problem? Please help.

Set the default audio format in your Windows 7

Even i have faced the same problem on my system. After trying many solutions i was able to solve my issue. I will recommend you to set the default audio format in your Windows 7 to 24bit 44100kHz. Once you do these things now you will be able to get all the audio which you have stored in your machine. So try out this and see what output you get and accordingly send me your reply. Hope it helps.

Not able to solve the problem after setting the default audio format

I am getting the same problem on my machine as well. I have spend 10 to 15 hours with the setting, but not able to solve the problem. I have also tried to set the default audio format in my machine, even this did not help in solving my problem. What should i do now as such nothing is working for me? Is there anyone who is having some solution related with this issue? If yes, then please help me out. Hope that, you will be providing me the required support. I would also like to thank Lillebror for providing the solution to me.

Download the fresh copy of the graphic driver

I will suggest you to download the fresh copy of the graphic driver and then try to install it on your system. If this does not solve the issue, then definitely there is problem with your audio device. So i will advise you to get your device checked by the hardware engineers. Try this out and see what output you get after trying that. I hope that it will help you in getting your problem solved out.